17 | social distancing

chapter : 17
social distancing

Hey! Surprise?Do drop in your views about the book and the chapter after you finish reading, it really really means a lot

Hey! Surprise?
Do drop in your views about the book and the chapter after you finish reading, it really really means a lot.

Alsooooo!! SUGGEST ME SOME BOOKS OF KU TO READ! (see, i read books of authors like rina kent, meghan quinn, catharina maura) GIVE ME SOMETHING LIKE THESE! i haven't been able to find good books and most of the new ones are feb end releases. so help your girl! ❤️🤭

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

I have committed a mistake.

It's not that I am unaware of the consequences that my actions have resulted in. But, I am trying to hide away and close my eyes so that I live in denial. The best way to dodge a problem is to blind yourself. Trust me.

It's been three days since my marriage. Even thinking about it makes me nervous. A string of jitters flows within me.

I had landed back in the home city early this morning and wheeled my car to take a stop at home first. Home that I should have been sharing with my wife, under normal circumstances, but it was the same plain old home, empty and desolated.

It was wrong but when I had reached, there was a tiny corner of my mind that thought what if Noor actually decided to move into my home, she knew my code, she...no obviously she wouldn't have. I did no such thing to even make her feel welcome. Scratch that, I didn't even talk to her.

I fled. I escaped.

It became too heavy for me, too intimidating. I can't blame her, it was all my fault. I took an eraser that rubbed off the line between us.

I forgot that we had an agreement, one that needs to be followed. Something that needs us to stay on the opposite sides of the same line. She and I are two different people, two immiscible fluids that cannot mix.

I had felt weird after I— it was a mistake.

What had seriously gotten over me? To behave like a possessive caveman, intruding on her space, and blurring the lines. Stepping over the lines.

On our wedding day, I received a call early in the morning, a sudden invite to a conference. It was a last-minute arrangement but I grabbed that opportunity.

Anything to escape.

"I was thinking we could replace the wooden reception desk with a marbled one. It would increase cost but the quality would get better and enhance the look. Complementing the marbled flooring. What do you think sir?"