43 | facing our fears

chapter : 43
facing our fears

chapter : 43facing our fears

so...2 more chapters to go. oof.

how have you all liked the story so far? now that's about to end. :)

as i had said, this and the upcoming chapters are something i am so proud of, something that i love and i hope you all understand why i have penned it down the way, i have.

do vote on the last chapter and this one.

also, comment. share. :)

Happy Reading

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

"You'll receive your termination letter."

I point my gaze at Vidhi, who stands staring at the flooring clearly ashamed. After I had let out our marriage's secret, Noor had turned back and left the floor. Her father had followed behind, I wanted to be there too. Wanting to hold her and tell her that it would get better but I first wanted to deal with this employee.

Everyone is still standing, stunned by the truth.

"Sir—"

"No. Not even a word. I have given you ample chances, to mend your ways but you haven't learnt your lesson. You had the audacity to point the finger at Noor who had joined this office on her merit unlike you who was gifted this job at her father's pleading. I have always respected your father but this was low, even for you. Haven't I noticed how you bully other employees trying to feed your ego when you are aware you are beneath them? So, no excuses."

"And all of you, if anyone brings a change in their behaviour or work ethics after today's revelations, even they'll be asked to leave the office. Not even one word of gossip should leave your mouths, I have my eyes and ears everywhere. If you love your job, you will stick to the warning. Now dismiss." I roaringly announce as I head towards my cabin.

I don't bother closing the door as I pace towards the window. I need a distraction, I need to stop myself before I sprint towards Noor. I know she needs time and I can't cloud around her and suffocate her even more.

The door to my cabin closes and I turn around to see my grandfather locking it.

"Kabir..."

"I am not going to apologise for defending my wife, Pa. Never. I have respected her wish until now, I can't titter to her rules when her respect is being compromised. I am not going to do that."