2

"Your royal highness, I have your dress ready for you." An older, but not too old, female rabbit maid called.
"Vanilla, you know I told you that you don't have to call me that. Simply 'Amy' is enough." The princess replied.

"Oh, I know. I just have to due to rules."

"I know... 'Rules'."

Amy repeated that word in her head, hating it.
"You can call me by my name whenever my parents aren't around, ok?" She offered.
Vanilla nods with a sweet smile. "Of course... Now how about a quick bath before putting on your dress?"
Amy laughs and nods in approval. After getting cleaned up, Amy let Vanilla help her put the dress on.
"Thank you, Vanilla." The pink hedgehog said.
"Just doing my job." The rabbit replied.
Amy steps off the stool she stood on while Vanilla puts the dress on her. After a couple minutes of fluffing and poofing it out, Amy makes her way out of her room and down the stairs. After a few more minutes of walking through the huge building, Amy finds herself in the throne room. A long red carpet with a gold outline ran down from the throne to the main entrance of the throne room. Amy entered from the side of the room.

She walks up a small flight of steps which lead up to the three thrones, one of them for Amy herself. On the bigger throne sat an elderly man, talking to a woman who sat on the throne next to his. The man cuts the conversation, noticing Amy walking up to them.
"Daughter, you're finally here." He greeted.
Amy gave a simple but respectful nod, taking a seat on her throne.
The king turned to his servant and whispered. "Bring them in now."
With a nod and leave of the servant, the king sits up and waits. After a few minutes, the servant comes back with a decent size group of people. In the middle of all those people was a crown. The group spread out, showing the one that was under that crown. A green hedgehog, (not Sonic's brother) was revealed.

With a smirk, the green hedgehog kneeled down, showing his respect before standing back up. He was really good looking and charming but he gave off a very, very cocky feeling.
"Scourge! Nice to finally meet you face to face." The king chuckles, standing up, walking over the crowned hedgehog.
"A pleasure to meet you as well." The individual greeted.
With a smile, Amy's father turned to his pink daughter. "Amelia... I would like you to meet... Your soon-to-be husband."
Amy raised an eyebrow, confused.
"Father, with no disrespect, why was I not talked to about this?" She asked.
"Well, because I know you would be stubborn about it." The king replied.
Amy looked at her father in disappointment. "And what makes you think I won't be the same way now?"

"Now, daughter, don't be like that. This is for the best. We can continue the kingdom's legacy and spread it around the world."

Amy's mother sat on the throne, staying quiet.
"Yea, I know that... But how can you just say that someone I've just seen for the very first time is gonna be my husband?" Amy stood up.
"Sit down, Amelia..." Her mother finally spoke.
"No, mother! You two can't just plan stuff without me.." Amy continues.
"Amelia, stay seated.." Her father ordered, raising his voice, slightly.
"You have to at least tell me things!" The pink hedgehog adds.
"Amelia, sit down!" Both of her parents demanded, both with their voices loud.
Amy looked at both of them, obviously upset. Instead of doing what she was told, she walks down the steps, speed walking out of the room.

As she walked off, she could hear her father talk to the young man left standing there.
"I am terribly sorry for that." Her father apologized.
"No worries..." Scourge replied.
Amy rushes into her room, screaming at the top of her lungs.
"What is wrong with them?!" She shouted.
While she was complaining, Vanilla walked into the room.
"Amy? Are you alright?" She worried, walking over.
"No! Of course not!" Amy responds. "How are my parents going to hide topics this important?!"
"Amy, please calm down..." Vanilla tries her best to take control over the situation.
Amy kept blabbering her mind out, making her feelings clear.
"Hey, Amy..." Vanilla places both hands on the princess's shoulders. "Calm... Breathe..."