7

Sonic led the way down a natural path through the woods, stepping over branches and sticks with ease. Blaze didn't walk as smoothly but she didn't have much of a problem. But Amy... We shouldn't talk about her struggles. They were all hungry but Sonic was the only one seeming as if he had the best meal of his life just five minutes ago. Blaze and Amy were slower, more drowsy and tired.
"Can you two hurry up?" Sonic hurried them, getting irritated by their slowness.
"Hey, we're not as fit as you." Blaze replied, stepping over a log.
Amy almost trips over that same log. She was so hungry, her vision started getting blurry and she began becoming dizzy.
"Girls, we're literally in the forest. This place is full of food." The blue hedgehog says, still walking without complaint.
"Like what?" The feline right behind him asked.
Sonic stopped and turned to her, with an eyebrow raised.
"You really want me to name all the options?" He threatened to wrong her very words.

"Name 3..."

"I got you! Bark, leaves, berries, grass, bugs, and a lot more." Sonic went on a spree.
"I said only three." Blaze stared at the young blue hedgehog with a face of annoyance.
"Guys, please... I can't anymore..." Amy pleaded. "I can't... I haven't lasted this long without eating."
Sonic and Blaze look at her, noticing how the princess was about to collapse.
"I guess we can take a break for a bit." Sonic said.
"Thank you... It won't stop the hunger but it will make things easier..." Amy thanked him, leaning on a tree.
"I'll look for something to eat while we do that." The blue teen adds.
"No! No... I'll do it." Blaze volunteered.
Sonic rolled his eyes, knowing what her intentions were. Blaze seemed to have known that, giving the hedgehog a wink before walking into the trees. With a sigh, Sonic sat down next to the princess, cooling off a bit.
"How do you do this? We haven't eaten in like 2 days and you're not even complaining." Amy asked.
"Well, I drank water from the streams and rivers we ran by." The blue blur replied.

"Ok? What does the water have to do with anything?"

"Wow, I thought they taught you royal descendants better. With just water, someone can last for about 2 weeks. It's hard to do but it's definitely possible."

Amy's eyes widened, looking at Sonic.
"I should have drank the water when I had the chance." She regretted.
"Hey, it's ok... There will be plenty of other opportunities." Sonic said.
Amy nods, leaning back. After a moment of nothing but wind blowing through the lives, she asks a question.
"Sonic... Why do you hate the royal descent?" She questioned.
Sonic turned to Amy, not knowing how to respond. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. He sighed and slouched back.
"I don't exactly wanna talk about that." He said.
"Oh, alright... Sorry for asking." The pink one apologized.
"No, it's ok... It was just a question." Sonic responded.
After a few minutes, they notice Blaze coming back with a bundle of berries.
"Hey, you weren't wrong. These are good." The feline admitted.
"Yea, for some reason he's never wrong." Amy agreed.
Sonic scuffs, watching them gobble up the berries.
"No, trust me. If we weren't in serious situations, he would be the dumbest guy in the group." Blaze exposed him.
"That would actually be Knuckles." Sonic cut her off.
"Then the second dumbest." The cat adds.
"What makes you say that?" Amy asked.
"Well, unlike now, he would make quite a lot of dumb mistakes every now and then." Blaze continued. "You know in the stories how there is that cool popular guy and everyone loves him but he's kinda stupid? That's Sonic's story."
"Ouch..." Sonic said, letting her speak her mind away.
"Don't say that! That's rude!" Amy said, getting slightly defensive. "He's smart, he probably just likes joking around a lot when things are calmer."
Blaze looked at Sonic with a smirk, making him look down.
"Why you defending him, Amy?" The fire cat grinned.
"What? I can't stand up for a fellow peer now?" The princess said.
"Good point... But I feel like there's another reason..." Blaze added, leaning closer.
Amy's blush starts to become visible again as she tries hiding it.
"No other reason." She denied.
Blaze looked deep into Amy's eyes, squinting as if she was trying to see something from really far away.
"You sure??" She extended the last word.
Amy nods in response almost immediately, definitely showing her nervousness to the other two.