13

Sonic moved the wood around the campfire with a long stick, making sure that it wouldn't go out.
"Guys... Before we go to sleep, I'm gonna put the fire out. I know it's gonna be cold but we're in Soleannish territory... The smoke can reveal our location..." He informed.
"Aw... But I wanted a warm sleep tonight..." Amy whined.
"Amy, you slept in a hotel last night... Get used to being out in nature again." Sonic ordered.
The princess frowned at the blue hedgehog before looking down in sadness.
"Hey, what I do when I'm cold is I first feel how cold it is and then you gotta keep telling yourself that you can get yourself warm." Silver explained. "Heh... That don't really work but it helps ya' get used to the cold."

"Hehe, thanks for trying." Amy smiled sweetly.
"Don't worry, Amy... I'll keep you warm." Blaze said, forming fire in the palm of her hand.
"No, it's quite fine, Blaze... I don't want you to spend your energy on me." Amy declined. "Thank you."
"Well, get rest... We're not taking stops tomorrow..." Sonic instructed.
Amy lies on the grassy floor, looking up at the stars. After about an hour, she looked around. Was everyone asleep already? She sits up, looking at the others, unable to see if they were asleep from the dark.
"Can't sleep?" Sonic spoke. He was laying down on his back, his hands under his head.
"No..." Amy nods.

"Why not?"

"I don't know... I just have a lot of thoughts."

"You slept fine all the other nights... What's up now? Did being homesick finally hit you?"

Before the princess could reply, the two heard a sigh and saw the dark figure of the feline, laying next to them, sit up.
"Are you fucking kidding me, Sonic? She wants to sleep with you again..." Blaze cleared out.
Amy blushes madly. "Uh, um... I- I-... Uh... I never said t- that..."
"Just sleep together... I'm tryna sleep here, not hear you complaining about not being able to sleep." The cat complained.
Suddenly, a loud snoring was heard. Silver was slumped, sleeping more comfortably than ever. Blaze chuckles. "He snores too?"
The feline lays back down. Sonic turned to Amy who was looking away from embarrassment. The speedster sighs, snapping to her, catching her attention. The pink girl hesitantly turned to him. Sonic gestured to her to come to him. She moved over to him, slowly. She looked as if she was a child, walking up to her sleeping mom if she was too scared to sleep alone.

Sonic chuckles softly, sitting up. He held a hand out to Amy. She shakily places her hand on his palm. He gently pulls her closer, making her yelp quietly from being startled.
"Why are you so scared now? You forced me to sleep with you last night, what's up with you now?" He whispered.
"I- I just thought that... It would be a one time thing... I don't mind doing it again... I just thought you wouldn't wanna do it again." Amy replied with her soft, low voice.

"I mean... Now you know I don't mind either..."

Amy nods, still shy.
"Hey, it's ok... Just sleep..." Sonic says, laying back down, softly pulling the princess down with him. Amy laid down next to him, still nervous. He wrapped his arms around her, causing her to flinch slightly. But soon, the tension she was feeling disappeared as she felt Sonic's warmth engulf her. She scoots closer to him, wanting more of that warmth. Sonic gave her what she wanted without complaints.
"Now, you'll go to sleep, right? I don't want you complaining or falling asleep halfway through the walk..." He scolded.
Amy nods, still extremely ashamed of herself. What made her calm down was what Sonic said next. He leaned forward and whispered. "Don't be embarrassed... I kinda wanted this too..."
Amy felt her body heat up, her blush increasing. Her thoughts went crazy. She couldn't breathe. At this point, she just had to admit...

She was in love...

~❣️~

Sonic was the first to wake up. He looked around, noticing that as well. His arms were still around Amy who was still asleep. And she was sleeping well. She was slightly drooling from how comfortable she was. Sonic snickered before slowly and gently getting up, not trying to wake her up though he knew he had to anyway. But he admired her for a bit.
"Heh... So cute..." He said under his breath. In almost an instant, he froze. What was he saying!? What was he thinking!? He shook his head, trying to rid the thoughts and then he came up with an idea to do just that.
"Alright, wake up! We're wasting daylight here!" He yelled, causing everyone to flinch.
"Five more minutes!" Silver complained.
"No, now!" Sonic rushed, kicking the white hedgehog.
"Okay, okay... I'm up!" The sleepy hedgehog lifted himself up, stretching.
Amy sits up, rubbing her eyes. Blaze doesn't complain and picks herself up, patting herself down. Amy stretched, extending her arms with a small, high-pitched yawn. Just hearing it made Sonic choke on his own spit. He controlled his coughing, looking up to see Blaze looking at him with a smirk.