Chapter 4: The Guest and the Host

Military Port, Northern Naval Headquarters, Port City of Louba, Electorate of Presyop—

Polamdar 16, 1357 FT; 3:18 PZ—

After discussions with the Noble-Mayor of Louba and the chief brass of the Northern Naval headquarters, Vice-Admiral Deno Armis gave the greenlight for the docking. Although it was supposed to be no more a discrete operation, word slowly spread out that a superior human nation had arrived at their doors. This word of mouth spread like wildfire across Louba, with varying reactions forming between the pro and anti-humanist factions, waiting and theorizing what was to unfold between a human nation and a beastman nation like theirs.

Within the Military port, several warships were moved out of the way for one of the Pilipin's metallic warships to carefully enter the shallow port. Leading the ship was the Warship of Varro Grahyan, the one who had informed the headquarters of the fleet's appearance. Whilst the rest of the Pilipin fleet anchored along the horizon, where they ominously waited.

Just the appearance of those ships along the horizon disabled many of the fishermen from returning to sea with their small wooden fishing boats. They couldn't comprehend why their leaders allowed a human nation to set foot on their beloved land. It was as if the pact they had made with their forefathers were broken with such an event.

Once the metal ship reached the largest wharf, several officers of the Northern Naval Headquarters, alongside the Noble-Mayor arrived to warmly greet their foreign visitors. As they waited, the humans would proceed to exit their vessel using a steel ladder that connected their ship with the dock. They would then exit with Alvin Sarabia at the helm, followed by a man cladded in pure white uniform, and a group of strangely attired men, their iconic attire was their golden chestplate with the inscriptions of "NAVY" written on it.

"Mabuhay!" Alvin greeted the beastman officials who stared at them skeptically, "I am Alvin Sarabia, the sole diplomat of for this mission. I am the delegated representative of the Republika ng Pilipinas."

Turning to his side, Alvin presented his arm to an aged man in a clear white uniform who promptly saluted. "This will be my military liaison, Commander Howard Salvacion."

"Pleased to meet you." Howard greeted the beastmen, although he was informed prior that they were indeed part-beast, part-human. He still couldn't believe his eyes, right in the flesh.

As Howard gave his salute, the other beastman officers also gave their salute of a fist to their chest. Alvin and Howard would then proceed to close their distance with the beastmen officials, offering a handshake and a warm greeting.

"I am the Noble-Mayor of Louba, Macor Esberoa." The large brown bear-like individual spoke coherently. His attire was so flamboyant and pompous that he could be mistaken for human nobility. Alvin accepted the handshake before feeling the skin and paw of the bear against his, it was a surreal experience.

He was soon followed by a short brown-furred rabbitfolk. His small body was lightly covered under an iron breastplate with gold linings on its shoulders, and a light blue cape upon his rear that signified his rank. "Vice-Admiral Deno Armis, Commander of the Northern Naval Headquarters."

Alvin and Salvacion then continued to shake the hands of their hosts calmly and with a bright smile. Before Alvin suddenly recalled something.

"I would like to inform you all about an airspace intrusion. Has something like that occurred?" Alvin asked.

Deno Armis turned to Alvin and asked, "Are you its owners? That metal dragon?"

"Dragon isn't exactly the right term." Alvin shook his head before bowing. "However, we would like to apologize for intruding on your airspace unannounced."