5.

Dokyeom POV

I passed the controller to Wonwoo as he continued to play with Coups hyung and Jeonghan. I looked around, and the members were doing their own stuff—resting, playing, and talking. We had a month-long break from our company after ending our world tour a few days back.

I stood up and headed to the kitchen to grab some water.

"Dokyeom oppa," Y/n greeted me as she was chopping the vegetables. I walked closer and asked if she needed any help.

Y/n smiled but backed a-bit as she saw me approach. "Could you pass me that bowl over there?" She pointed to a bowl on the counter.

I nodded and reached for the bowl, handing it to Y/n. "Sure, here you go. What are you making today?"

"I'm making some kimchi fried rice and kimchi jjigae," Y/n replied as she continued to chop the vegetables. "Mingyu oppa wanted it."

"That sounds delicious," I commented. "I'm sure everyone will love it."

Y/n chuckled. "I hope so. You guys have been working hard, so you all deserve a good meal."

As she continued to cook, I leaned against the counter and observed her at work. I couldn't help but notice how much Y/n had transformed since she first came to live with Seventeen. She had become brighter and more cheerful, although she still tried to avoid any physical contact with all of us.

"Ahh," Y/n groaned as she scalded herself from the heat.

I immediately rushed over and placed my hands on her shoulders unknowingly to check on her, but she screamed, causing the bowl in her hand to drop.

Y/n shook me off and ended up squatting down, hugging her legs tightly as her whole body trembled. She mumbled, "Please don't, please..."

"Y/n..." I was shocked to see her in such distress for the first time. Scoups hyung and some of the members rushed into the kitchen upon hearing the commotion.

I explained the situation to them as Scoups and Jeonghan hyung squatted near Y/n to check on her. She was still shivering and crying, repeating the same words over and over again. They advised us to clear the kitchen and leave the three of them alone.

I waited anxiously in the living room with the other members. Did I scare her? I stared at my hands and clenched them into fists, berating myself for touching her without thinking. Why did I do that...

Tears started forming in my eyes, and some of the members offered comfort, assuring me that it wasn't my fault.

Y/n POV

My mind went blank when I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder. Memories from the incident began flooding back into my mind, and I couldn't control the tears and shivers that overcame me. I hated feeling this way.

The way they touched me and harassed me, even when I pleaded for them to stop, was a horrifying memory. Yoonmi stood on the side, smirking and laughing while watching my misery.

"Y/n."

"Kitty."

"It's okay."

"We're here, Kitty. Please look at us."

"Calm down, alright?"

I slowly registered the voices in my ears and looked up to see Seungcheol and Jeonghan oppa, their expressions filled with concern.

"Mianhae," I apologized.

"It's okay, Kitty. Can I pat your head?" Seungcheol oppa asked, likely trying not to scare me further.