10.

Third person POV

Seventeen went back to their practice and touring a few days after the campfire night. They would text Y/n whenever they were free and update her about their concert and the countries they visited. Y/n would reply to them and update them about her day until one day when Y/n stopped replying to them in the morning.

"Coups hyung, did Y/n reply to you? She isn't replying to me, and the call doesn't go through," Seungkwan asked Seungcheol as they returned to the hotel after their concert ended.

Seungcheol checked his phone and tried calling Y/n, but there was no answer. "Weird, she didn't pick up. She hasn't replied to me since last night as well."

"Could something have happened to her?" Seungkwan started to get anxious.

"Let me check with Appa," Seungcheol replied, trying to remain calm, and called his father.

"Y/n lost her phone," Seungcheol told the guys after ending the call with his father. "Appa said he video-called Y/n on Skype last night, and she told him."

The members sighed in relief and prepared for bed, unaware that Seungcheol's father had lied.

At Y/n's company, her manager looked at the resignation letter Y/n had passed to her.

"Really, Y/n, do you have to go?" the manager asked.

Y/n gave a small smile and nodded. "Thank you for the guidance and help all this while, noona."

Y/n left the office after bidding farewell to all her colleagues. She headed back home and brought out her luggage into the living room.

Y/n stared at each corner of the place: the living room where she had shared her traumatic experiences with the members and had fun drinking, playing games, and watching movies; the kitchen where she had cooked for the members.

Each corner held memories of her time spent with the Seventeen members. "Mianhae, Dadeul..." She wiped the tears that escaped her eyes and left the house without turning back.

Y/n looked through the photos taken with everyone in her phone's album. The way they smiled and had fun, the way they captured her being happy.

She smiled slightly looking at all the smiling faces, but sadness built up in her heart. She had to leave them for the best and wished they would shine even brighter without her.

Throwback

Y/n's parents and Yoonmi entered the hospital room. Y/n was shocked to see them there and held tightly to the blanket.

"Why are you guys here?" Y/n asked.

Yoonmi got closer and sat down on the bed beside her. "Noona, can we visit? We just miss you so much."

Y/n's father remained silent and sat down on the sofa using his phone, while Y/n's mother walked over and slapped Y/n.

"Don't try to make things ugly. How could you make a police report about your brother?" Y/n's mother shouted.

"I didn't..." Y/n touched her cheek and said, trembling.

"Noona, the police came to our house to look for me. Thankfully, there weren't any evidences," Yoonmi said as he glared into Y/n's eyes.

"Seems like you never learn your lesson. Your life is so great now that you're trying to blame us?" Y/n's mother said as she crossed her arms.

Yoonmi grabbed Y/n's arm and pulled her down onto the floor, causing Y/n's knees to scrape.