CHAPTER 19 - NEW BEGINNING!

Standing in front of Life Foundation's gate felt different since this time I didn't have any negative remorse for this place. I was glad to be able to set foot in here. Never did I imagine that I would be able to come back here. I glanced at the surroundings of the foundation, thinking how this place had become a part of my life in just a couple of days. Everything seemed to have happened so long ago; the meeting with Grace and the last confrontation with her. However, right now I was here to set things right. I could have daydreamed for a little longer but Adie buzzed the bell before staring at me mockingly. He noticed that I was taking too long to enter the place.

        "Would you have at least given me more time before you pushed the buzzer?" I dragged myself closer to Adie who stood in front of the gate.

        "If I had let you done that, then my eyes would’ve turned white before we could have actually entered the place." Adie replied and as soon as he finished speaking, the gate opened for us and came out a wobbling Patty.

        "Wel-" Patty smiled as she was about to greet us but as soon as she saw us, her smile disappeared, yet she swiftly tried to place a smile on her face again. This time I knew it was fake. I couldn't blame her for that since I knew what kind of ruckus I made the last time I came here. Although I could feel the awkward atmosphere around us, I steeled myself to tell her why Adie and I came, "Can I have a talk with Grace?" I could barely finish my sentence since Patty kept smiling at us with her obvious fake smile.

        "Ah. Ms. Grace is not here at the moment." Patty replied, though her voice made it obvious that she was forcing herself to smile. I doubted she was telling the truth.

        "But I just need to talk to her. Patty just give us a second please?" I held Patty's hand trying to convey my desperate state.

        "But she really is not here. She took a day-off." Patty shook my hand.

        "Could you just let my friend here fix his mess with Grace?" Adie questioned irritably since he also appeared to not believe Patty.

        "But Grace is not really here!" Patty insisted and so out of desperation I tried to enter the building even with Patty's big size blocking the entrance. In the end I was still able to make my way, shoving Patty a little bit out of the way with mere force. I walked as fast as I could and I was about to enter the building when an old gentleman came out of the door. He looked familiar to me and then I realized that he was the old man I saw at Grace's parents internment- the foundation's president.

        "Good morning Mr. President!" I formally greeted him and soon, a panting Patty ran towards me and Adie came along with her.

        "I'm sorry for the disturbance sir." Patty said as she held her chest obviously not used to running even a couple of meters.

        "No, it's okay." The president waved his hand. "So you must be Mr. Thomas?" The president gave me a meaningful stare as if he knew what I have done to Grace.

        "Ye-yes sir. I am not here for trouble, I just want to talk to Grace and I want to ask her for forgiveness."