nothing can ever go wrong with a study date

characters: yang jungwon & readergenre: fluff, a healthy best friends relationship (mutual pinning)warnings: mentions of academic validations, mentions of over-studying, mentions of coldness, mentions of secluded space to studyadditional notes: th...

genre: fluff, a healthy best friends relationship (mutual pinning)
warnings: mentions of academic validations, mentions of over-studying, mentions of coldness, mentions of secluded space to study
additional notes: this is going to relate much to reality since it's exam season. in this short story, i'll be pinning bits about physics, but, i'm not good at it since i never took the subject as it will all based only on my own research. i apologise for any deficiency. also, good luck to those who have upcoming exams!
song recommendation: polaroid love by enhypen

word counts: 1464

𐙚 ‧₊˚ ⋅

it's final exams season. a season where you could see yourself stressing out, studying from midnight till dawn, books and notes scattered around your table in an unbelievable mess, sometimes you even caught yourself woke up sleeping on your study table.

it was so tiring and draining. you had to study and push yourself a lot harder now since your trial result weren't really promising you a good result for the real ones. even your parents weren't really happy with it and it just turns on the nerves in you to prove them that you can really make them proud.

you were doing great at studying the subjects you took. however, physics is the only one you diss so much and the only subject you often got the lowest mark out of the others.

you sighed, plopping your head down to your forearms that were folded on your study table.

it has been at least 8 hours of studies and now you found yourself getting stuck at physics. you could never imagine yourself mastering the subject. you could never relate to your best friend, jungwon, who's an ace at every subject and obviously, better at physics.

just when you were deep in your thoughts, your phone rang, the name that you had just thought about popped out regarding the caller contact. it's jungwon.

picking up the call, you heard a ruffling sounds from the other line, probably jungwon is getting ready to get to bed. it's almost 12 a.m. anyways.

"hello?" he greeted, waiting for you to reply. "hi." you greeted him back. "what are you up to? why aren't you sleeping?" he questioned, as you could really picture his eyebrows furrowing in both worries and confusion. you sighed, "i'm still up studying, i'm almost done but i'm stuck at physics. as per usual." you said.
jungwon hummed, pausing for a short while.

"tomorrow is sunday. the library at the end of our street is open, would you like to go for a study together? i can help you out with physics if you want?" he suggested in a hopeful voice. you hummed in response, "yes, i'd love to."

jungwon smiled on the other line, unbeknownst to you.

"you should get to sleep, it's late." he said, worried that you didn't even get enough of rest for yourself just because you were too caught up with your studies. that didn't include those days where he would caught you dozing off in class because you didn't sleep the night before. he was dead worried. he knew how education really validates the entire perspective you have for yourself and your parents, but, still, health is something that is as well as important.

you sighed once again, you wanted to refuse but you just knew he'd literally stay with you on the phone until you were done and you hate to make him wait for you.

so, instead, "yeah, i probably should. it's been hours. you should get some sleep too, thank you for checking up on me, jungwon." you said, hearing a soft yawn from the other line. "i'll see you tomorrow?" jungwon asked, "you'll see me tomorrow." you replied simply.

with that, you ended the call and begin to close, arrange and organise your study table that was once scattered in a mess and finally, getting up from your seat to get yourself ready to bed.

𐙚 ‧₊˚ ⋅

the next morning, jungwon came up at your door to walk together with you to the library you both loved to study together before.

"are you cold?" jungwon questioned as he saw you kept on blowing the warmth in your cupped hands multiple times. you shook your head, "i'm good, just a little bit of cold but i'm okay." hearing the lies, jungwon wasted no time to take off his jacket and wrapped them around your smaller frame.

you widened your eyes at the action, shocked and fluttered at the same time. "what are you doing? you could be the one getting cold!" you scolded the boy who's walking mindlessly next to you. "i'm fine since it wouldn't took long to arrive and besides, i don't mind if i get sick as long as it's not you." he replied, mindlessly.

you could feel your cheeks begin to heat up due to the sudden fluttering response from your best friend and you could've swore you felt he brushed his hand with yours, trying to initiate something but failed.

the walk was peaceful and cold, but was somehow warm. probably because of jungwon. he's the warmth that was present in that moment. it was everything in safety and comfort, following your walks to your destination.

you both arrived at the library in no time as it was just a few blocks away from your house.

the warmth of the library greets you as you both entered the building as jungwon hurriedly pulled you inside to keep you warm from the cold outside, taking off the jacket that belongs to him from your body, warming you with his hands after.

you both walked around the library, looking for the perfect spot to study together and found a perfect place at the end of the corner, nearer to the window. you took your seat and jungwon followed after, taking his seat beside you as you pulled out your physics books from your bag.

jungwon faced you, a look that you couldn't read was plastered on his face making you question, "what happened?" he shrugged, "nothing, i just wanted to look at you. now let's start."

he said that ever-so-casually, thinking it has zero effects on you where it leave you all flustered and red. you hoped. hoped that he wouldn't able to see how red your cheeks were just by how he said tingling things without thinking about how much it made you blushed, every, single, time.

you collect your self's composure, trying to drag yourself back to reality and start with the study.

jungwon taught you a lot more of formulas in certain topics in order to make it easier for you to remember them, he taught you some easier ways to remember the average speed formula, as it is about the speed of a moving body for the overall distance that's covered. the acceleration formula, the rate of charge in velocity. the density formula, the material that shows it's denseness in specific area and many more other formulas.

you wouldn't lie but it seems so much easier when jungwon teaches you as it just somehow popped out of nowhere in your brain that you could actually in a capability of understanding them quicker than you thought.

it goes by for hours now and as you blinked, it's finally 1 p.m., which is your usual lunch time.

jungwon stopped teaching you, observing you for a short while. "let's take a break and get you something to eat for lunch?" he suggested, lighting up your usual smile on your face. he chuckled at your response and begin helping you out to put your books back inside your bag.

as you stood up from your seat, jungwon stopped in front of you, "your bag seems so heavy, i'll carry them for you." he said, wanting to grab the bag from you but you stopped him, "it's alright jungwon, it's not really heavy. i can carry them on my own." you smiled softly at him.

"i know you can carry them on your own, but let me carry them for you." he said and finally grabbing the bag out of your grip.

and there you were, standing still as the blush on your face were forming a deeper shade of red at this point.

as you walked out of the building together with jungwon, you observed him and you could finally see that being caring, loving and helpful is always in his nature. you smiled at the thought of being lucky enough to have known him and to have him through your best and worst.

"you might fall in love with me if you keep on staring like that, miss." he chuckled.

you smiled, looking at his side profile, "i wouldn't mind."