Chapter 9

I can't sleep. The conversation with my cousin the night before left me on cloud nine.

I was hoping to find answers, but Gideon was also confused by my statement. I don't blame him, his response wasn't disappointing at all either, rather it was comforting to know that he trusted my words. Although he referred to it as something unusual, it indicated that it was not his first time facing completely unknown topics like these, or so I think.

There is no doubt that I felt oppressed not to tell my cousin about the beings I encountered today, those scary little gnomes and whatever it is that nice young man who saved me. But at the same time, that incited the desire to know the unknown to increase, as did the reason for those images in my head and knowing the answers to them. 

That was not all, another sequence image also appeared in the short nap I took after dinner, one in which I opened that book and one of the pages showed some large letters 'Don't trust anyone'. 

All of this accumulated took away my desire to sleep again. So I decided to get some fresh air, I got up and walked very quietly so as not to wake up my friends. I went out into the hallway of the room and headed downstairs. There was no one guarding the entrance, or at least not at the time I left the accommodation. 

I headed towards my uncle's shack but stopped halfway. I shouldn't bother my family if they are resting, maybe my attitude worries them when they shouldn't, I'm safe and sound, and it's too late to break their rest.

I sighed lightly to vent my worries. It was no time to be alarmed when everything was calm. 

I turned my gaze towards the forest, I no longer heard the cries of those small creatures, but I did hear the light movement among the bushes. On the defensive and approaching those movements, I was surprised to see that a bright and small species about the size of my hand came out of it. 

I was shocked when I looked at it because once again I found another creature that I believed was a fairy. Without a doubt, she was beautiful, with a silhouette of feminine features like in fantastic stories, soft and shiny green hair, very deep violet eyes, skin like porcelain accompanied by a dress that combined with the trees, and elegant wings decorated like that of a butterfly. So beautiful that you would be hypnotized by the sight of her, but I remembered the conversation with Robbie when he mentioned that the fairies described in the book are diverse and of different facets, mostly because they are careful when trusting another being. 

The little fairy noticed my presence and she was on guard, but when she saw me she directed her gaze directly to my eyes. "What is a beautiful maiden doing awake at this time of night?" I took a step back from her, surprised that she addressed me the word. 

"A-are you a fairy?" I know, it's a stupid question I asked, but I have the excuse that due to surprise the words fell short. "Uhm I think that's what humans call us, the truth is it doesn't sound that bad," she said flying away from me a little and placing her hand on her chin. 

Seeing that the species was willing to talk, I wanted to know a little more and asked, "What is your name?". The fairy began to fly and surround me, which made me feel a little uncomfortable under her gaze. "Uhm, I'm just one type of the various species that we are," I noticed the small distrust in her words, although who wouldn't when you don't know someone you don't know, but I noticed how impressed she was when she looked at me. 

"Uhm, it's curious, I can feel a strange essence in you, what are you?" Her words interested me but they also confused me. Did this fairy not recognize humans? Or is it a rule among these beings not to meet one? So what is she doing near a place where humans abound? I think I read too many fantastic stories to question all this.