Chapter 11

I woke up later than expected, but at least not so late that I wouldn't enjoy the day. It was 10:30 in the morning and the presence of my friends in the room was non-existent. So I assumed they would be with the boys or maybe they would be in the central square having breakfast, leaving me alone at my mercy. And to be true the latter is the most likely thing that would happen. 

At least this time I had a peaceful rest, no strange vision was shown nor did I feel any discomfort in my body. With that, I can assure that the fairy's attack had no effect? Or does that attack help to not have any visions? I prefer to keep my mind positive that something didn't happen that could harm me and try to be careful from now on. 

Even so, I'm curious about what happened to the fairy, it disappeared out of nowhere after attacking me, but that doesn't mean it's not alive. I shouldn't be interested either, it's none of my business, but unfortunately, my curiosity and my adventurous side when figuring out the unknown tends to take the lead in my reasoning, harming my future decisions and my constant fight to avoid it. 

That is one of the reasons why I study journalism, because although it is a career in which in some cases you risk your life and in others you must be available to any news or argument that is present, the adrenaline always remains, or that's how I see it. 

However, something empty appears inside me when I do not satisfy that desire for answers completely. I want to think that this is the process of growth in myself by not yet completing my professional goals, or by not doing something for myself by offering my disposition to new visions that I plan to realize. 

Whatever those reasons, I think I forget something that was part of me but for some reason, I don't remember. But at the end of the day that insecurity will disappear since what is important to me is the present and many things in life will make me forget that. 

I got ready and today I decided to prepare my breakfast at my uncle's house, although I know that he is working, I still have permission to enter his house during my stay. Without surprise, I entered the shack and began to prepare what was necessary for a simple breakfast. Some eggs, breads, coffee with milk for a delicious cappuccino.

Although this seems like a lot, I recognize that my parents influenced me to have a big breakfast to keep my energy up all morning, you know, parents who worry that you are eating properly. Meanwhile, I decided to turn on the television and flip through the channels until a particular series about a duck detective caught my attention, because to be honest it seemed fun in those short opening minutes so I decided to keep it as my morning entertainment. 

Later, I received a call from my parents and I chatted with them a little about some anecdotes with my friends, how well they got along with my cousin, and my well-being. Clearly, I avoided mentioning the events with those beings in the forest because I would know that they would be more worried and the least I want is for them to be overwhelmed by it. 

I understand their concern at a certain point. When I was a teen there was an accident that I don't remember clearly, which increased my parents' overprotection. According to what I heard from the doctors and my parents, I was in a car accident, which is why I had bruises all over my body and also not remembering anything about that summer of that time lost from my memories. 

It was there that I submitted to my parents' rules of not leaving my home without first asking them for their company or permission. Since I reached the legal age they gave me the freedom to enjoy myself with my friends whenever I want. But even with that freedom, I still felt the overprotection of my parents under my shoulders and the weight of their concern, so I just decided to stay close to them and restrict myself from some outings with my friends.