Chapter 12

The noise of all the people present at the party was what generated a bit of disagreement towards the young man with white hair. He never got used to all the attention Mabel received or the showbiz behind it, resulting in moments like these when the young man had to assimilate the situation and embody a different personality to replace her displeasure. 

At the very least, many of the people attending were guests from the same town and some of the neighboring towns, either heirs to the businesses or the owners of those, so he could turn his attention to them until the hostess arrived. 

For his good luck, the albino spotted a redhead in the section where the snacks were, she looked decent accompanied by a white blouse and black pants that shaped her figure. The young woman was alone and unfocused due to the variety of snacks she was consuming, thus giving Gideon the opportunity to approach her. 

"Hey Wendy, would you mind if I accompany you in this torment?" Directing her attention towards the person who interrupted her moment, the young woman laughed sarcastically at her friend and then drank a drink that was low in alcohol. "Welcome to the authentic club, do you like a drug to forget social problems?" That expression from her friend generated a small laugh from the albino who grabbed a piece of bite from a container in front of him. 

"It shows that you are enjoying your solitude, Wendy" At that, the young woman snorted at her friend's attempt at a joke. "This may be your torment, but for me, it's my time to try these expensive delicacies" To prove her point, Wendy took another drink but a different one than the previous one. 

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Gideon sighed as he noticed that some paparazzi hidden at the parties were talking to some of the guests to get any information or gossip that was presented. Fortunately, the gloomy aura of his friend kept the interaction with them away, making the blue-eyed boy relax a little in her company. 

"It's strange not seeing you next to Mabel at these types of events" Wendy began the conversation when she saw that her friend took a glass of wine from the counter "Although what took me by surprise is that you attended this party when your cousin is here. I thought you would give your father an excuse or at least avoid the party. What brings you here, is it a regret for your breakup?" 

It was true, if this day wasn't any other day and he didn't have to ask Mabel for favors, then Gideon would be talking with some friends from town or maybe even outing with his cousin and her friends, as long as he wasn't present at the party. But his commitment to Pacifica and to himself in finding adequate answers kept him from staying at the party; he had no choice but to put up with his discomfort. 

Her friend's question raised another question for him, can he trust Wendy to reveal this information to her? She was also part of the half-apocalypse in Reverse Falls, so revealing these events wouldn't be a problem. Furthermore, the redhead is good at keeping secrets, she is already doing so by staying silent about the situation with Pacifica, and for that he is grateful, he just hopes for the same commitment with his ex. 

Sighing, the blue-eyed boy decided to respond, "I would like to, but no, I have favors to discuss with Mabel". Taking a sip of his drink, he continued. "You know, she was going to find out somehow that Pacifica would be here, so I just want her to keep quiet of her presence". 

The redhead looked at her companion out of the corner of her eye, trying to read his intentions "Asking Mabel for a favor is too expensive, what do you plan to give her in return?". The albino knew about this, but to be honest, he had nothing to offer her, being his partner gave her an advantage for occasions like these, but now that she is his ex, it would be more complicated. 

He only planned to reach an agreement between the two of whatever occurred at the time. "The worst thing of all is that it's not just one favor, but two", the young woman was surprised by Gideon's revelation, who only finished his drink in one shot when declaring what he was facing.