4

3rd Person POV:

Lee stood in the middle of the restricted contact room. Would his mom really come for his birthday? He didn't know if he wanted that or not. A lot could happened in four years. Regardless, it was time to go back home till school started. Maybe he would watch some boxing. Maybe listen to his one record, 'Lick it up,' by KISS. His favorite song. It was a gift for his last birthday. He was glad he wasn't tired of it by now because it was the only thing his mom could afford.

He didn't have his own player but he used his roommates. It sucked that he had to go ask to use it, since it wasn't in a main room, It was in the bedroom. It made Lee feel poor. Truth is, he was poor.

Teaching didn't pay well and his dad being a drunk didn't help with the money problem. Using most of it to buy beer and sometimes a pack of smokes. That's where Lee got it from.
He would have to make up his work from yesterday so he needed to get back to his dorm.

Lily sat quietly in English, waiting for the bell to ring. She wanted to talk to Kayla again. She wanted to know what they had talked about. She hoped he would write his sister with his new stationary. Lily found herself thinking about him.
His hair, all twisted in curls, red on the ends. His jawline. His eyes. His lips.
Oh no.. She thought. She was thinking about him an awful lot for someone who just wanted to be friends.

Oh God.. She brought her fingertips to her mouth and begun to chew on her middle finger nail. No.. not him. She shook her head. Just then the bell rang. Class dismissed, time for lunch. Lily sighed and sat in her chair for a minute longer. She was still contemplating. She eventually made her way back to the library, Kat skipping out this time. She hated even being around books. Lily walked in and looked where Kayla had been sat last time. She was there again.

"Hey." Lily sat down in front of her. She had half her sandwich still in the bag, with a cookie wrapper, crumbled on the side.
She smiled. "Hey, your Lillyanna, right?"
Lily nodded. "Lily." 
Kayla nodded. "Right. Well I wanted to thank you for what you did for me. I miss him a lot and I feel a little better now." She paused and sighed contently. "I do wish I could see him more, but this is all I got, so I'll be happy." Kayla brushed the hair from her face. "His birthday is coming up so maybe I'll be able to see him then."

She smiled brightly. Her smile was whiter than his, stained with blood, Lily thought. Not knowing he hadn't been allowed to feed as an Eater in four years. He was just a smoker.

"His birthday? When?" She asked.
"Four days from now, November 8th. He's turning 18! Wow, that idiot is old." She giggled. "Our mom said she was gonna come see him, when she wrote me  back in August. I hope she doesn't change her mind." Kayla's face got serious and she paused for a moment before continuing.
"He told me to come by his dorm tonight. To have you to walk me there, because, well, you know the address. But you ain't gotta, I can do it by myself."

Lily shook her head. "Kayla that's a very bad idea, I don't think you should go-"
"I know, I know. I understand the risks. I could get expelled for this... But, that's a risk I'm willing to take, to see my brother." She puffed.
Lily was in awe. "Okay, I'll take you. But I don't want you staying over long. I know I'm not your parent but still." Lily pulled out the envelope Lee had written her letter in to check the address wasn't smudged. It wasn't.

"It's 220, Piper Street, Dorm 2C." She read quietly even though nobody was around in the library.
"Meet me at the campus café it's pretty close. I'll walk you."

Kayla nodded and pulled out a badge on a lanyard. A teachers access badge.
"I swiped this to get us pass the boarder." Lily was shocked.

Just then, a blonde man walked into the library and looked down at Kayla and Lily sitting on the floor. Kayla shoved the badge into her bag, hiding it.