6

November 6th, 12am. 3rd person POV:

Lily and Kayla watched Lee out the window. The way he burned the man with the cigarette, how he pressed the knife to his throat. They both stood up and headed for the door, to stop Kayla's brother, when they heard a voice. A voice calling for him, another Eater they assumed. The man walked over to Lee and gently brought his arm down. He let the man go at once and he all but flew away, peeling out in his pizza delivery car. Lee walked slowly over to the stairs the girls were making their way down. He was panting and sweating then he collapsed at the bottom. Kayla ran down to him. Lily ran after Kayla.

"Lee?! Are you alright?!"
"Do you know him?" The blonde man asked.
"Duh! he's my stupid brother. What were you doing! I just wanted you to get your change, not beat him up, you idiot!" Kayla was frantic at this point.

Lily cautiously approached the other Eaters. "Is he okay." She touched his shoulder. He had no reaction.
"He's just in shock. I'll take him to my place, I advise you two return to the day class dorms. I have no idea why your here, but every Eater in a block radius can smell you, so go quickly." His brown eyes were soft and intense at the same time, barely lit. "I'll give him some ice and he can sleep it off. But one last thing, why was he threatening that man anyway." He searched for answers but was given silence in return.

"Who are you? Lee doesn't have any friends. Why are you being so nice?" Kayla crossed her arms.
Lily stood dumbfounded. She was started to feel guilty. If she hadn't brought Kayla here, none of this would have happened.

"I'm Jayme Riland, me and Lee.." he sighed.
"Used to date..? Is that what your trying to say?" Kayla tilted her head. Lily felt a little jealous. "I remember you." Kayla finished.
Jayme looked nervous. "You do?"
"Yeah, you cheated on em." Kayla looked him up and down begrudgingly.
Lily's face hardened, she stepped in-between the panting man she had grown fond for, and the Betrayer.

He scoffed. "Who are you to Lee anyway?" He grinned. Lily began to panic.
"I'm a friend of his." She mumbled. What am I doing?!?! She thought, but Lee was mumbling to himself, his eyes were glassy and he was acting like he had been drugged and that scared the crap out of her. A strange man appears out of nowhere and Lee starts freaking out?! She was in unsafe territory. Did Lee trust the man? Would he even what to go home with him?

"No. Lee can stay with us. We'll take care of him." She puffed up her chest to make her seem more menacing.
"You really don't know what your doing when it comes to this type of thing. I'm an Eater. I can handle it. You can have him back in the morning. I promise. I would hate for you to see what he would be like when he wakes. He may be fine, he may bite your heads off. Who can know." He said, something was sad in his voice.
He grabbed Lee up by the arm, Lily and Kayla looked at each other. The needed to head back home and this man was right.
"Okay, make sure he gets home safe. Please." Kayla asked. Lily nodded.

November 6th 10am. 3rd person POV:

Lee turned over in bed and reached out for Jayme. He felt something odd, bedding.
"J?" He mumble between snores. No response.
He felt weird
He opened his eyes. The bed was empty. Maybe he was in the bathroom? He sat up and stumbled to the hall of Jaymes familiar dorm room. Nothing, but a note on the counter.

I'm so sorry

Lee, if your reading this I haven't changed my mind, and I'm sorry for that.
I'm a dick.
I'm the worst kind of person and you don't deserve that.
Last night was a mistake, I can't promise you that I can treat you the way you need.
I can't promise I can get you help. And I can't be the one who lives with your ashes on my mantel.