CHAPTER THREE: Second Time's A Mistake

Chapter Three | SECOND TIME'S A MISTAKE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀LIGHT CHATTER FILLED THE room as the witches in the mausoleum talk. Sophie and Agnes argue about bringing more supernaturals to the city.

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie asserted, fumbling her hair with her hand while the other rested firm on her hips.

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" Agnes' sarcastic retaliation evoked Sophie to constrict her eyes.

The Deveraux witch shot a glare at Agnes "These aren't just any vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals." She pointed out, seriousness invaded her features.

Agnes slowly walked closer to Sophie, ready to imply a point. "What makes you think you can control the hybrid?"

Sophie was about to respond but stopped when her eyes drifted over Agnes' shoulder, the elder Mikaelson casually leaning on the wall. He spoke once he knows his presence has been acknowledged.

"She can't. I'm not entirely certain that I can, either. But now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question: What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?" Elijah interrogated, out of curiosity.

Sophie takes a needle, extending her arm and showing it to the Original. She sticks the needle into her hand and a pinch of scarlet red liquid flowed from the mildly injured area, as it runs along her palm.

This movement confused both Elijah and Hayley until she felt a prick on her hand, causing her to slightly winced backwards. "Ow!" She quickly examined her hand, turning it around.

Elijah looks at her. There is a drop of blood dripped from her hand, exactly at the same point where Sophie hurt herself.

"What the hell?" Hayley snarled, both frustrated and annoyed of all the clutter she's been acquiring all day long. Elijah, for the matter, shot the young witch a prolix drawn glare.

Sophie remained expressionless, seeing that her weary action may lead to no good. "The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Hayley - or worse - to ensure that I have your attention, I will." She blustered with seer determination glimmering within her eyes.

Elijah is slightly amused, a sly grin covered the irrational abyss hiding away from his face.

"You would dare threaten an Original?"

Arms crossed, still emotionless, Sophie states "I have nothing to lose." The grin instantly disappears from Elijah's face as he realizes that that her sister's execution was done mercilessly in front of her eyes.

Seeing the change in the Originals's face, Sophie swept on. "You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind."

___________________

As for Thea, she as well had her own burdens and issues on the rails. She saunters around the city that she once knew to be filled with soothing jazz music, never ending parties and blinding lights. The last time she came here--three years ago, she made sure no one noticed her arrival, except Sophie, that is.

When she began to talk to her, she thought she might as well get to know her. After all, it's been a while since she been out and about. But what she didn't expect is for the witch to come calling her unexpectedly and force her to side with her and the coven of New Orleans.