CHAPTER FOUR: A Shot Out Of The Blue

Chapter Song: SIX WEEKS BY OF MONSTERS AND MEN

Sleep, sleep all night

While the young, they wait alone.

So get up, shake the rust.

We crawl, we crawl, we crawl,

We crawl on the ground.

Alone, I fight these animals.

Alone, until I get home.

________________________________________☸☸☸☸☸☸☸________

Chapter Four: A SHOT OUT OF THE BLUE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

AN ABRUPT SILENCE REPLETED on the streets of the French Quarter since Klaus' eyes landed on mine, no one had moved or said a word. Marcel starts getting up and there was no doubt he would attack me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀However, before I could snap his neck myself, I turned around I bumped into something almost as firm as a brick wall. Looking up, it was Klaus who simply looked confused and angry at the same time as he stared down at me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Shortly after, he spun to face Marcel. "My friend, I'm here to associate a deal with you if you don't mind," Although I can't see his face, I'm guessing he has an irritating smirk on his face. Marcel looks behind Klaus and his gaze immediately went to me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I just smiled innocently, ignoring his death glare and he nods his head towards the other vampires who were still alive. I felt arms grab mine and tug me back harshly as I growled angrily, which caught Klaus' attention.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He quickly rips me away from the vampires grip. "But first, you have to swear no harm will come to this girl right here," Klaus points at me and I gave him a strange look.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Why the hell is he helping me?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What's the deal?" Marcel asks sternly, ignoring Klaus' request. The original hybrid beside me clenches his jaw but smiled nevertheless. He keeps his grasp on my arm tight and leans down my ear, whispering.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Alethea, please go in my car," He motions to the one parked not far from us. I frown my eyebrows and shake my head refusing on his raw command.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't think so," I hissed, trying to get out of his hold, which was so tight I think my blood circulation had been cut out- whilst I can't feel anything on my upper arm.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He sent me a warning glare and whispered to me again. "I'm going to let go now, Alethea. Go in the car and lock the doors. I'm saving your life, sweetheart," This time, his tone was more serious and dangerous.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But stubborn me, refuse to that. The moment he frees me, I vamp-sped to another direction but once I stopped, he was there. Standing in front of me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀An irritated expression crawls upon his face and walks closer to me. Every time he steps closer- I backed away. "Leave me alone, Niklaus!" I snarled, baring my fangs at him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"As much as I want to fight with you, love—" My back softly hits the wall and his smirk showed once again. "Now is not the time" I tried to run again but both his hand clasped my neck as I heard a soft—