Where it all went wrong (1)

Onika's POV
Los Angeles
December 14th

Ah yes, my favorite story to tell...the story of how I tried to escaped who I thought was the love of my life.

All I can remember was the smoke from the burning flames, the red and blue lights, blood leaking from my faces, lungs barely being able to inhale, weak legs and an even weaker heart. I nearly fainted looking at my tears drop onto my bloody chest. Bout time the police and firemen arrived I was already seeing a light. They still tried to swarm me with thousands of questions, I couldn't physically say anything but if I could all I would fix my mouth to say is "I did truly love her."

3 years ago, I was fresh out of college I had just moved into my own house, graduated top of my class, I had my girls by my side and a little bit of money in my pocket h*ll I was young and motherf*cking turnt!

Couldn't nobody tell me nothing well except my mama she always warned me to stay away from boys and stay out of trouble but sh*t I thought I was too cute to listen to what she said.

I was always so daring and couldn't stay away from bad boys sometimes even girls...if I'm drunk enough. I went to the craziest parties and always stayed out late with my girls.

I also had every boy begging for me in my DMs even the ones with girlfriends so of course I acted as if I was the sh*t because h*ll I am!

So, on Monday morning I strutted into my new job at a architectural company with my friend Ariana of course, ever since we became best friends at the age of 3 we've never done anything without each other.

We sat through the longest orientation ever! You'd think after 4 years of college you'd know everything consisting of architecture, but anyways 3 hours passed and the L.A. or lead architects began to gather their trainees who they would mentor based off their interest in architecture.

Sadly me and Ari were separated, she went with Ms. Rowland she was so lucky Ms. Rowland seemed so sweet and chill.

I anxiously waited for them to call my name then this tall beautiful women who sat in the back stood up.

Her looks had me speechless she was light skin with blonde curly hair, curvy body, slim waist, full lips, perfect eyebrows, and the most beautiful hazel eyes. She wore a light grey suit with diamonds on it as well as a big chain and shiny rings, I stood there with my mouth open and my eyes still looking her up and down as she towered over me.

"Are you going to keep standing there with your mouth open or are you going to follow me to your new workspace" she said

I got so lost in her appearance I didn't even catch her name or if I was in her group or not. "I'm sorry...um what was your name?"

she swiftly replied " Ms. Knowles"

"oh ok I'm Onika Maraj, am I in your group by any chance?"

"I know your name and yes you're in my group..did you not hear me call your name 5 seconds ago?" She asked with a concerned look

"oh yes umm sorry"

she walked towards the door but before walking out she turned to me and asked if I was ok I just nodded my head then proceeded to follow her, I couldn't help but notice her curves my eyes then wondered below her waist that is until we reached our section where we would be working at.

My desk was right infront of her office, she jokingly said she would be asking me to do all her favors since I was so close by, but I didn't even catch what she said my wandering eyes were too busy trying to figure out what was under that suit.