Smell of Regret (25)

Onika's POV
Later that week

It's been a tough few days, especially for the kids. I'm getting them a grievance counselor soon and hopefully they'll explain what happened. I've been trying to pull myself together for them but the image of his lifeless body is stuck in my head.

I haven't really spoke to bey because how can I look at her the same after that. She even acted as if nothing happened. I'm not sure how the kids feel about her but I just want us to get away from all this chaos. I was even thinking about us taking a break and I mean for real this time.

But in the meantime im going to the store to get my babies some food in this house, everyone was sleeping still so I went alone. I needed the alone time to clear my head anyways. I went to Starbucks first to get me a bagel and sum ice coffee. I was so interested in the new cups I ended up bumping into someone.

"Oh I am so so sorry"

"You're good baby" she smiled.

"Alright, I really didn't mean to" I picked up the cups that dropped and she helped.

Once we were done we both looked up making eye contact. I noticed how beautiful she was not like a pretty like a FINE. She chuckled at me staring at her.

"Oh sorry" I nervously laughed.

She chuckled. "You say sorry a lot"

"Sor-"

"My name Kehlani" she cut me off, she put her hand out for me to shake.

"I -im Onika"

"Onika. A name just as beautiful as you" she held my hand looking into my eyes.

"Thank you"

"I would love to talk to you more can we sit or?"

"Well actually this is supposed to be a quick run"

" I understand. Can I get your number and maybe link up another time" she got a lil closer to me touching my hand again.

"Oh um.. we'll you should know I'm in a relationship"

"I'm not asking to date you mama I mean I wouldn't pass up the opportunity but I'm jus tryn get to know you"

"Well alright then" I gave her my number and nearly forgot my bagel. She laughed at me then left out and I stood there smiling like an idiot.

Anyways I went to grocery store and started to pick out food and the whole time i was there I had this weird feeling. My phone started ringing it was bey.

"Yes?"

"I- d*mn I can't get a hi"

"Hi bey. Do you need anything?"

"Yea three things actually"

I rolled my eyes.

"K"

"First where are you"

"The store"

"Ok and I'm hungry"

"Well I'm at the store getting food now"

"Last thing is I miss you so hurry up so we cuddle"

Usually I would smile at that but was I just disgusted with the person she is.

"Ok bye"

"I love you"

"Love you too" I hung up. Then she texted me, I threw my head back in irritation.

Beybey🐝💕: 'love you'??