Vertigo

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺 | 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢

                           Six months later...

It's been a peaceful six months, nothing but training and routine patrols in the city, keeping my flights safe and speed sharp. As usual, I've been continuing my training and working with my dad during the day, as he keeps me safe. I had just returned from another routine patrol as Oliver came down from Verdant. I took my suit off and went to do some of my night classwork. As Oliver was getting ready for his round of patrols, he asked me how mine was, and I told him everything I saw as it was the same thing as the other patrols I had done.

It had been hours after he left as I focused on my classwork and ensuring it was done for the night. After Oliver returned from his patrol, I asked how it had gone, and he said it had just been like the other nights. I nod in agreement. It has been quiet the last few months, which is good, but anything can happen in the sense of the criminal underworld. Anyone can fill the vacuum of power to destroy the city. The night passed into the day, and there was news of a man named 'Werner Zytle' who was in SCPD custody and was being brought from court to Iron Heights Prison. But, During his transfer, He had dosed someone with a drug called Vertigo, something we dealt with before with someone named 'Count Vertigo' when Oliver was dealing with him two years ago. As the dosed victim was scared and saw things differently, the victim shot one of the on-site officers who was helping with the transfer, which was the window Zytle needed to escape and head back to his hideout.

𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡...

Oliver and I began to suit up to deal with Werner Zytle and his Vertigo stash. I began to fly around the city, hunting for Zytle from the skies to see where he would be. Oliver rode around and started to look around till we found him and took him down, but, during the attack, He got hit with Vertigo and fought the effects of it and took him down. As she would go to attack Zytle, she was aware of what Vertigo could do to someone, but she didn't know how much he upped the effects of the drug altogether. She would help put Zytle into police custody and then go to Oliver to get him up and off the floor and help him back to the lair. I would put my suit where it belonged as I checked on Dad. Oliver reassured me that he was ok.

I looked at Felicity and Diggle with concern for my dad. We all know what Vertigo does to a person, but we don't know if the dosage or side effects have changed. After noticing my concern, Felicity spoke up to Oliver.

"Oliver, we just want to make sure that you are ok. We do worry about you."

Oliver sighed and shook his head, understanding that his daughter and friends worried about him. He saw the pang of concern in Chrissy's face as he looked at her momentarily. It did pain him momentarily, but he knew he had to pull through this and move on. Oliver's head was knocked on, catching Zytle and putting him back into Iron Heights.

"Guy's, I'll be fine. I promise when we catch Zytle, I will be much better, one less drug lord on the streets."