Memories

Mona's POV

I sit in my room laughing with Y/N. I just said something about her boyfriend being an assassin. What a funny thought! I mean, it's true, but it just sounds funny coming out of my mouth.

I watch her face contort to a shocked expression.

"You okay?" I ask, concerned.

"He's a what?" She asks, looking at me blankly.

"Oh nothing Y/N." I say.

"Mona, please tell me." She says.

"It's nothing important."

"Mona is it true? Is my boyfriend an assassin?"

"No, Y/N, he isn't. It was just a joke." I laugh.

"Okay." Her attention goes back to the TV.

"I don't feel so good, Y/N." I feel sick.

We both run out of my room and to the bathroom. Y/N holds my hair as I empty my stomach. I silently appreciate her. She holds my hair and tells me I will be okay. I suddenly regret drinking so much.

I finally get it all out and Y/N runs downstairs to grab a Ginger Ale for me. She hurries upstairs to my room. She hands me the Ginger Ale.

"Thank you!" I tell her. She smiles and nods.

I chug the Ginger Ale. Y/N laughs and I smile. She extends her arm and helps me up. We go back to my room and turn the TV off. We both silently sit there.

"Thank you for letting me stay, Mona." She thanks me.

"Of course Y/N! I know you would do it for me." I reassure her.

"I think some memories are coming back." She states with a blank stare.

My face pales.

"Like what?" I ask her.

"Well not much," she starts,"I remember someone who looks exactly like my boyfriend. More specifically, I remember making breakfast with him. We made waffles." She says, recalling the events.

"Oh, do you remember anything else?" I ask her.

"No, not really."

"Alright tell me if you do."

"Okay."

She tries to remember things but it seems that she can't. I am kinda relieved.

"Do you remember your parents?" I suddenly ask.

"Not really. I only remember my mom being mean. That's it." She tells me.

I am kinda relieved. Maybe she won't remember anything about Amir and forget him. That will be easier to get him away from her. I feel bad about everything that has happened to Y/N. I hope that she can stay with me and live the life that she deserves.

I look at her. She is staring off at something. I look at her finger. There is a ring. It's gold with an emerald green gem in the middle. It's truly beautiful.

'Is that ring from him?' I ask myself. Maybe it's a promise ring.  A promise that won't be kept because I will protect her. I look up into her e/c eyes. They look like they hold no thoughts but every thought in the world at the same time.

It hurts to know what she has been through. She has never had a great life. I hope in the future she will be happy. I wish nothing but the best for her.

YOUR POV

Is my boyfriend an assassin? No, he couldn't be. The things Mona comes up with sometimes. I grab my phone and start to scroll through social media. I look at my classmates' posts. Their vacation trips during break. Mona and I should go do something.