Part 6, Chapter 4

"Only Hephaestus Remains"

I have a few more to go before I am done with speaking with the hyungs. I need to gather evidence anyway... 

The sanctuary of Hephaestus was red with sprinkled embedded garnets as well as rubies. The scent of pine was very prevalent. Hibiscuses were planted all over. Small fire pits littered the area giving it an ethereal glow. Entering the sanctuary I came up on  Yoongi hyung. 

My energy was depleting as each conversation dragged on. The EBPs made this no easier & I worried for their mental states. A massive fire pit sat in the middle of the room from the throne Yoongi hyung sat. He seemed to stare at it until he noticed me. "무슨 일로 그러십니까? 헤르메스가 되는 것을 포기하는 것에 대해 불평하러 왔습니까?" (What brings you by ? Here to gloat about abandoning becoming Hermes ?)

I was shocked. I wasn't expecting him to react this way. He seemed just as reluctant to see me as Jungkook hyung did. "I need to speak with you. Being Hermes has nothing to do with this..." Yoongi scoffed as he gestured to me, "You think you can make that argument ? You are the last person that should be needing to speak with me, Jangjun."

I was getting angry, but I kept myself calm. There was no use trying to turn this into something it was not. "You are fine with the Ahjussi giving you an army of children ? Does that not remind you of when your parents gave you up into the Ahjussi' care ? Going to trade that abandonment for some fire ?"

The flames flared high as Yoongi now stood. His eyes were ablaze with anger. I knew saying that could cause an issue, but I can't just let this go. Those children deserve more than being slaves for the reborn gods. They deserve to live their lives as children. Not as warriors... "당신은 용기가 있네요, 이 나쁜 놈아! 이해가 안 가? 당신은 아이들이 노예가 되는 것에 대해 이야기하고 있고, 당신은 마치 어떤 구세주처럼 행동하고 있어요. 당신이 그런 자격이 있다고 느낄 만큼 그런 부담을 요구한 사람이 있나요?" (You have some nerve, you bastard ! Do you not get it ? You speak of children being enslaved and you act like some sort of savior. Did anyone ever ask you for such a burden that makes you feel so entitled ?)

He continued as his anger far exceeded mine. "Unpleasing... Fire can be a great weapon, but also a wonderful tool. I feel at home in the forge. Why should I be ashamed of that ?" I pointed at Yoongi hyung as I backed away slowly, "You shouldn't be ashamed for being Hephaestus, hyung. You should be ashamed for letting children be your pawns..."

With that final remark I made my way to the compound sanctuary of Jimin & Taehyung.