Chapter 6 - Oh Sorrento

"Would you like me to drop you off at Sorrento?" Luigi asked the group all sitting down on the cushioned bench in his boat. "I've got to stock up on supplies anyway," he implied.
"Yes please Luigi, we kinda do need a shower and get some fresh clothes on." Media replied.
Luigi smiled and began to drive his boat back along the coastline of Capri, the sun shining midway in the sky as it peaked through the clouds, it hit the sparkling blue water, with the small boat eventually sailing into the bustling Sorrento Marina with a subtle sea breeze behind them.

"Right, who's ready for a late lunch? I know the best pizzeria in all of Sorrento, it's just around the corner." Luigi grinned, throwing the mooring line to the dock at the Marina.

He hopped a shore tying his boat tightly to the mourn. Luigi let out his hand to help them off.
"Luigi! Where have you been?" A man in a blue and white striped top, balled head and a stocky build yelled from down the Marina waving his hands.
Luigi looked over whilst gritting his teeth.
"I thought something happened to you during that storm, I'm glad you're alright after what happened last time," the man said, scuffing Luigi's hair.
"Are these the guests Luigi? Thank goodness you're all still here!" he added.
"Uhh... yes, we decided to stay the night in Marina Piccola," Luigi responded.
"Everyone, this is Giovanni, my boss."
"So nice to meet you all, did you enjoy all the beautiful sights of Capri?" Giovanni chirped, shaking their hands.
"We sure got more than we bargained for hey Luigi?" Cooper said, winking one eye with a smile.
"I'm glad you all had fun, I'll talk to you later Luigi," Giovanni grinned, waving whilst walking off.

The group stared deeply at Luigi.
"What exactly happened last time? I thought no one knew, hey?" Opal commented, crossing her arms.
"He doesn't know! I was out on a tour that afternoon motoring over to pick up a group from Capri, when a sudden storm picked up and pulled me toward the island. I couldn't get away as it sucked me into The Blue Grotto, just...like...you.
Locals found me passed out in the waves near the entrance to the cave and the boat was destroyed by the cliffs." Luigi said, looking down rubbing his arm. "I owe everything to my boss because he let me stay on the team." He added.

"That's rough buddy," Rowan commented, scratching the back of his head.
"I bought my own boat to make up for it, and it's also my home," Luigi sighed.
"I understand," Opal answered.
"Ok... enough of your sensitive talk, water signs, and Sifu Hotman, stop quoting the story," Cooper butted in walking through the group, signaling them to follow.
"I'm not that sensitive!" Luigi snapped back catching up to him.
"Stop calling me that! I don't know what you're talking about," Rowan said in confusion.

"Antonio's Pizzeria, my absolute favorite," Luigi sighed, walking to a table guided by the waiter.
Once all seated at a table outside in the warm breeze of the early afternoon, the group gazed at the menu.
"Opal, do you want to share this one?" Medika asked, pointing at a pasta dish on the menu.
"Sure!" Opal replied, looking over at it.

The group talked into the evening till it was time to head off to the apartment.
"We'll meet up tomorrow by the marina right?" Cooper asked Luigi.
"Si, bright and early!" He responded with a smile.

"Yes finally! Sweet, sweet bed, oh how I've missed you," Cooper said shuffling into his room plonking himself on the soft clean sheets.
Rowan had a worried look on his face as he sat down at the dining table, the warm orange pendant light casting a shadow over his face.
Medika caught his eyes and walked over.
"You ok Rowan?" She said slowly sitting down next to him.
"No not really, we only have eight days in Sorrento after today, how are we supposed to fix this?" Rowan huffed, laying his head on the table.
"Try not to think about that, we all know, I'm sure Luigi has a plan," she replied.
"He's had this for what? A year now? I think he's all fun and games Medika, you are all alright, you've got abilities that don't risk others lives." He said, bringing his head back up. "I'm going for a shower then trying to get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning." Rowan sighed, picking himself up.
He walked past Opal who was sitting on the couch on her phone, she looked up to see him with tears in his eyes as she turned off her screen.