Chapter 9 - Something must be said

"So answer it, dummy!" Medika said as she watched Rowan stair blankly at his phone buzzing like crazy in his hand.
Opal smacked her hand onto her head. "I totally forgot she was coming!" She cried.
"What's happening?" Luigi asked, trying to figure out why this is a problem.
"We planned on meeting Rowan's sister in Sorrento, wait what day is it?" Opal quickly questioned.
"It's Saturday," Medika responded.
Rowan and Opal looked at each other with a worried look, collectively yelling out, "She's coming today!"

Rowan swiftly answered the phone, "Ciao, Naomi!" He said with a shaken voice.
"Hey Rowan! I'm nearly at the train station, I've got one more stop before Sorrento," she replied.
"That's awesome, we'll see you there soon!" He said trying to usher the group to walk faster down the street to the Marina.
"Ok can't wait to see you all, bye!" Naomi responded ending the call.
Rowan gazed up from his phone looking straight into Opal's eyes.
"We need to go, now!" He ordered as he ran down the hill.
"Is it really that urgent," Matteo moaned having to do a slight jog.
"Yes! Come on," Opal insisted.

Matteo rowed his small wooden boat as fast as he could back to Luigi's boat with everyone inside.
"Get in, get in, get in!" Rowan panicked as he hopped onto Luigi's boat, grabbing everyone's hand as they jumped on board.

"Wait, are we going to Sorrento?" Matteo asked as he hopped onto Luigi's boat.
"Yes, did you not just hear the conversation like five minutes ago?" Rowan replied with a worried look.
"Will we come back? I have to come back!" Matteo said as he looked at Rowan.
"I don't know! Do you have to know what's going on every second of the day?!" Rowan scolded, his hands beginning to heat up as flames burst from his fists.
"Woah!" Matteo gasped as he took a step back, the flames giving off a scorching heat.
"Please, don't make me angry...calm, I need to be calm," Rowan exhaled as he sat down to concentrate.
"You alright bro?" Cooper asked as he sat next to Rowan on the cushioned bench.
"Uhh sorry Matteo, I'm ok. This whole sister thing is getting to me." Rowan muttered back as he looked up at Matteo who was standing there awkwardly.

Matteo gazed out to the ocean as Luigi accelerated the boat, his straight brown hair blocked his view for a moment as he pushed it behind his ears. "How did I get myself in this mess?" He sighed as he looked back at the others talking to each other happily on the cushioned bench seats.
"Enjoying the view?!" Luigi shouted out to Matteo from the stern, the sound of the wind defining his voice.
"This is the first time I've left the island all summer!" Matteo smiled as he slowly shifted closer to Luigi to hear him clearer.
"Are you an introvert or something?" Luigi laughed.
"What? No, well I don't know," Matteo answered as he looked out to sea.
"Your world's about to be turned upside down!" Luigi added.
"I swear it's already started," Matteo nervously laughed back as he stroked through his hair.

"She's nearly at the station guys!" Rowan exclaimed as he jolted out of his seat, watching her location on find my.
"I'm trying to go as fast as I can, wait, take the wheel for a second, you know how to drive right?" Luigi asked as he ushered Rowan to the stern.
"A car, yes, a boat, no!" Rowan replied.
"Same thing! Here take it," Luigi pushed Rowan to the wheel of the boat.
Rowan inhaled and shakily put his hands on the wheel.
"I don't know about this!" He quivered.
"You'll be fine, I'll be right back," Luigi said, walking his way to the back of the boat.
"Hang on everyone!" Luigi yelled with excitement as he lent over the cushioned bench at the stern.
"Wait, what are you doing?!" Matteo shouted in panic as he grabbed onto a pole connected to the roof.
Luigi positioned his hands next to the motor pushing the water way faster than before, accelerating the boat. Everyone jolted back trying to hold on with the added speed of Luigi's water bending.

"You wanted fast, you've got it!" Luigi laughed as Rowan clung onto the wheel in fear.
"Ahh! Why did I have to drive!" Rowan screamed back as he quickly turned the helm, dodging a kayaker in the water.
Hey! Watch it!" The kayaker yelled with his paddle waving in the air
"Sorry!" He called out. "Luigi! Get your ass back up here!" Rowan cried out.