Chapter 10 - This isnt private anymore

"I'd say confronting the situation head on is our best bet of finding out the problem," Naomi said as she walked around the living room.
"Great idea, we'll get arrested and live it out in Italian jail!" Rowan argued back.
"Well you haven't exactly explained everything in detail to me, have you?" She asked.
"I need my boat back, so I'm doing that," Luigi said as he stood up from the couch.
"You're not listening! We can't be spotted," Rowan put his hand on his head in frustration as he lent against the timber sliding doors into the kitchen.
"Maybe they just want to talk," Opal said.
"We've done nothing wrong Rowan, they can't arrest us," Medika added.
"Ok then, do what you want, but when it goes wrong don't come crying to me," Rowan crossed his arms with a sigh.

"Ciao officers," Cooper waved with a smile as the group followed behind him, walking into a group of police officers huddled around Luigi's boat.
"What's the plan?" Cooper whispered to Rowan.
"What's the plan? I thought you had a plan," Rowan anxiously whispered back.
"Haha! Well!" Cooper rubbed his arm.
The police men looked back at them angrily. "You must be the kids messing with The Blue Grotto," one of the Italian men said.
"Arrest them," another officer ordered pointing right at them.
"No!" Luigi yelled from behind, swaying his hands toward the sea. He manipulated the water up and pushed it onto the group of officers turning the water to thick ice, trapping their feet to the marina deck.
Tourists and locals gasped as they took a step back, quickly running from the scene.
"What?" One of the officers said in disbelief trying to pull his frozen legs out of the ice.
Luigi ran for his boat hopping past the frozen officers, breaking the police tape as he jumped into his boat, an officer swung his arms out in desperation to stop him.
"Get in!" Luigi yelled desperately from the boat.
Rowan gave a nod as he looked for an opportunity to slide along the icy floor and into the boat. The others ran past jumping in as Luigi quickly untied the mourning rope.
"Luigi are you crazy?!" Naomi shouted as he ran past her to the helm turning on the boat. "Don't do it young man!" One of the officers yelled out squirming from the ice.
Luigi looked back at him crossing his eyebrows with a glare, pushing up the accelerator and speeding out of the Sorrento marina in a blink of an eye.
"Luigi," Medika gasped as she looked back at the struggling officers in the ice as stand biers slowly gathered around the scene in the process.
"You can turn water to ice?! That was sick man!" Cooper shouted in excitement as he shook Luigi on the shoulders.
"I uhh, didn't know I could do that," he muttered as he looked back at the Sorrento coast fading away in the distance.

"You just made this ten times worse than it needed to be!" Matteo cried out as he grabbed his hair anxiously.
"I was saving my boat!" Luigi snapped back.
"I can see what you value more!" Matteo sighed as his eyes began to tear up.
"Ok, ok, I guess what's done is done, and we're officially on Italy's most wanted list." Naomi nervously laughed as she took a seat on the cushioned bench.
"What about our stuff? We left it back at the apartment," Opal asked worryingly.
"Well figure something out Opal," Naomi said as she looked to Rowan.

Matteo's phone began to ring in his pocket, jolting him out of a fixed stare. He slid it out and answered it. "Baba!" He said.
"Matteo, are you ok?" Baba asked.
"Si, I'm on Luigi's boat,"
"Who are you talking to?" Medika questioned Matteo.
"Bro, they're gonna track the phone call," Cooper said.
"I need you to come home, right now," Baba said in a stern voice.
"I can't..." Matteo sighed.
Medika suddenly grabbed his phone and ended the call. "Sorry but we can't be tracked," Medika muttered as she handed back the phone to Matteo.
Matteo exhaled as he turned his phone fully off, gazing out to the island of Capri as it became smaller and smaller. The sun lowering to sunset, its glow of orange sparkling onto the calm waters of the bay of Naples.

"Next stop Ischia island," Luigi called out to the group, he could feel the vibe of everyone was different as they slouched over the cushioned bench in a daze.
"Come on guys, cheer up!" Luigi smiled back.
"F*ck off dude, we don't even know if we'll make it back to Australia," Cooper signed as he turned his back to Luigi.
"If we can just get to Rome..." Luigi muttered.
"Let's talk about this another time," Naomi said to him.
Luigi turned on the radio, the Italian music rippling through the bay as they sped closer to the volcanic island, it could have been almost peaceful, with such a perfect sunset over the horizon. But the dread of being followed by the police lingered over them, the Italian music started to fade and the typical news music began to play.
"Breaking News, a group of young adults are on the run from police. The officers on the scene say there's a man with...uhh... am I reading this right?" The woman news reporter with a thick Italian accent stated. "Ice powers? He allegedly struck the officers, leaving them defenceless from the chest down... sorry is this a joke?" She giggled embarrassingly.
Luigi quickly turned off the radio whilst nervously laughing.
"Well done Elsa," Rowan sarcastically replied clapping his hands.
"I thought our elemental bending was supposed to be a secret," Opal huffed as she crossed her arms.
"I panicked ok!" Luigi yelled in frustration.

The boat slowly motored toward the towering island, the glow of the sunset shining brightly onto a small wooden dock clinging to the rocks.
"I've got family in Northern Ireland if we wanted to bunker out anywhere..." Opal sighed.
"Uh no, I'm going back to Capri," Matteo ordered.
"Uh no, you're staying right here, with us," Medika replied.
"You can't stop me!" Matteo cried out as he ran to the front of the boat and jumped onto the old wooden dock.
"Land, at last!" Matteo yelled as he lay down in relief. "Caio! I'm out of here!" He continued as he popped up off the ground, he waved back and ran for the nearest town down the road.
"Matteo!" Luigi yelled, pulling water from the ocean and clinging it to Matteo's foot, stoping him in his tracks. Luigi froze the water and left him stuck on the pathway.
"Luigi!" Matteo scolded.
Matteo swiftly pulled up a piece of earth with a gesture of his hands, smashing the ice and letting him go.

Matteo ran as fast as he could for the small glowing lights of the quant town, slowly disappearing into the darkness.
"Matteo! Get back here," Luigi yelled as he raced after him.
"Well we better go too then..." Naomi rolled her eyes as she jumped out of the boat.
"This is past my bed time! Again!" Opal moaned as she climbed onto the slippery dock.