Chapter 7 - Marina Piccola

"Mamma Mia! Here we go again! My my, how can I resist yah!" Cooper sang with his phone in the early hours of the morning.
"What the hell is going on!" Medika shouted storming through the kitchen doors with her fists ready.
Cooper suddenly turned around and freezes with a spatula in his hand.
"Wait! I've made breakfast!" He shouts guarding himself.
"You woke us up dude! We said no singing when everyone's asleep!" Medika huffed, lowering her fists.
"Yesss I've been broken hearted," he sang.
"Shut up!" Medika screamed trying to grab his phone.
"Blue since the day we parted, why, why did I ever let you go!" He swung around the dining table, "Mamma Mia!"
"Enough!" Medika threw out her hands pushing a massive gust of wind into Cooper toppling him to the ground.
"Ouch," he groaned from the tiled floor rubbing his head.
Medika gasped and ran over to him, "I'm so sorry Cooper, I didn't mean to do that."

He looked up at her, "I was angry inside when I knew we were through," he continued singing.
"Uhh!" Medika moaned, pushing him back to the floor. "Rowan, make him stop please!" She yelled whilst walking past his room.
"Wait, where is Rowan?" Medika said looking at his empty bed, her head peering in from the door way.
"Yeah, I don't know," Cooper replied hopping up from the kitchen floor.
"What do mean you don't know!" She scolded back.
"Uhh, guys, he's outside. In the courtyard." Opal muttered whilst whipping her eyes from sleepy dust and scuffing out of her room.

"Rowan! What are you doing?!" Medika yelled from the glass door to her and Opal's room.
Rowan woke up from her voice as it echoed through the air, the blanket Opal put over him last night was a surprise, he thought. His confused face staring straight at her as his eyes adjusted to the morning sun.
"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute," he called back snuggling the blanket closer to his face as butterflies rushed through his stomach thinking the blanket was Opals doing.

"He's weird," Medika mumbled as she walked back inside.
"Wait, Medika, where were you last night?" Opal asked before she could move.
"Buying drugs," Medika replied.
"No, we're where you?" Opals voice turned stern.
"Why do you have to know everything? You're not my mum," Medika huffed as she gently moved Opal to the side and walked past.
Opal sighed as she looked back at Medika, "I just don't get her sometimes," she said to herself.
She fixed her gazed out to Rowan, he looked content, probably the most settled she's seen him since being in Sorrento.
"Breakfast is ready, sleepy heads," Cooper called out.

Opal scuffed into the kitchen, "Was that Mamma Mia you were singing?"
"yes...yes it was," he replied with a little bit of embarrassment.
"I love Mamma Mia," she said.
"Isn't it the best!" Cooper smiled.
"Ok, ok, enough of your fangirling," Rowan mumbled slouching onto a dining chair, the both of them looking over at Rowan with their eyebrows crossed.
"What happened to you?" Cooper asked as he pulled out a chair and sat down.
"You snore like crazy man! That's what happened," Rowan said.
"So you slept outside?"
"And?" Rowan scoffed back.
"I don't get you sometime." Cooper gave up on the conversation and stood up from the table.

Cooper started to bring over breakfast to the table. Toast, eggs, sausages and bacon, it was a feast for the eyes.
"This looks too good!" Rowan perked up looking at the selection.
"Bon appétit!" Cooper said with a chef's kiss.
"This kinda makes up for the singing," Medika grinned, taking a bite of toast.
"Wait! I forgot something!" Cooper yelled running to his bedroom and back again in a split second, "Here Medika you need this," He panted.
"Oh yes! Vegemite!" She exclaimed, taking it from him and quickly spreading it on her toast.
"How did you even get that stuff in the country?" Rowan asked in disgust.
"Excuse me but this is one of Australia's finest cuisines." Cooper replied back, "Just because you didn't grow up with this delicacy doesn't mean it's disgusting," he added.
Rowan looked back with a sickening look.

"Come on Medika! Let's go, the days gonna be over before we even leave this place!" Opal shouted through the apartment, ready to close the front door.
"Coming, coming," Medika replied, trying to rub in the rests of her moisturiser onto her dark warm skin, whilst slipping on her thongs on her feet and scuffled her way out the door.