⤷ 12| A FATHER'S LEGACY

[ GIF did not want to load but I wanted to upload the chapter so yeah — enjoy! ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
a father's legacy

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

     JUNIPER BLACK HAD TO ADMIT; it felt good to catch Harry Potter off guard. Especially since he had been so mysterious about his task and the fact that he literally disappeared from her life for months.

"You've got the sword?"

"I have," June confirmed.

"This — that's — wow."

June peered at the sky. It was dark now. "Let's go inside and patch you up," she said, grabbing Harry's shoulder and gently nudging him inside. "I am curious of what you have been up to these past few months."

"I could say the same to you," Harry said, smiling slightly. He hugged her again. "I'm glad to see you again, June. You have no idea how much I needed you these past months." He pulled back and looked at her. "I'm sorry I left you."

She squeezed his shoulder. "Let's clean you up."

Once inside the cottage, Harry left to wash himself and June greeted both Ron and Hermione.

"Oh June," Hermione said, wrapping her arms around the older witch. "It's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you as well, Hermione, although I had prefered it to be under different circumstances." June gazed down at Hermione's arm. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay," Hermione said, though June could tell she was still very much shaken up.

"And you, Ron?" June added, gazing at the red haired boy. "All good?"

Ron nodded and smiled slightly. "I'm happy to see you are well, June. Bill told me about Tonks. Congrats."

Juniper beamed. "That baby is going to be awesome."

Ron and Hermione laughed. "It's good to have good news again," the latter said. Her gaze fell on Charlie. "How are you and Charlie doing?"

"Pretty good," June said, following her gaze and smiling as Charlie caught her eye. "We've been hiding out in France. With Andromeda, Dora and Remus."

When she didn't mention Ted's name, Hermione's face fell. "I'm sorry about Ted, June."

June swallowed. "Thanks."

Harry came back, going with his hand through his wet hair.

"June, I need to you to get the sword," Harry stated.

June raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. "We'll have to have a couple conditions, Harry. I don't want you running off again doing heroical things."

"That seems fair," Harry said. "What else?"

"I want in," June stated. "You're not leaving my sight again, Harry. I am going to keep an eye on you."

"June—" Harry said, stating to protest.

"Let me finish what my father started, Harry," June said, her voice very serious as she stared at her cousin. "Let me complete my father's legacy."

It became a staring contest between June and Harry, but June wasn't about to give up. Finally, Harry sighed.

"Fine," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Fine," he said, louder this time.

"What is fine?" Charlie said, moving to stand next to June.