{-Chapter Fourteen-}

"Polly, I have an issue," Seraphina whispered to the older woman, the whole Shelby clan sitting happily together like nothing was going wrong in the world

Polly looked to the young girl in confusion, Polly knew that if Seraphina had an issue, she'd go to Tommy no one else. But here she was asking her. "What is it?" Polly asked her.

Seraphina took a breath in before finally asking. "What is sex?"

The table grew quiet, until Tommy started choking on his drink as he didn't want this conversation to happen around this lot. He had tried to tell the girl to pull Polly somewhere private, ask her between the two of them only, but no, she wanted to ask in front of the family. "Sorry?" Polly questioned blinking in surprise.

Seraphina sighed. "Ada was talking about sex, I have no idea what it is but apparently, it's very pleasing if done the right way, what's the right way? What is it? How do you have sex?" Seraphina asked, her questions just spewing out of her mouth. The family could do nothing but stare in surprise at the girl. Tommy, however, was actually blushing, he really, really didn't want to have this sort of conversation with Arthur and John present, the two of them could ruin Seraphina's innocent mind.

"Baby, " Tommy called, Seraphina's eyes instantly snapping to him, waiting. "Why don't you and Pol go somewhere more private and talk about this, those two there can be a bit misleading." Tommy said to her. Seraphina blinked before looking at John and Arthur, the two covering their mouths as they tried not to snicker, the shock of hearing what Seraphina had asked long gone.

"Polly? Can we talk about it in my room?" Seraphina asked the woman.

Polly was instantly up from her place and dragging Seraphina out of the dining room. Tommy sighed thankful that his aunt took her out of the room, before his eyes turned to glare at his brothers, "if either of you make a comment to Seraphina, I'll beat your asses." He threatened, the two nodded as they looked away from Tommy, both a little frightful of the look in their brother's eyes. Arthur and John may act stupid, but they knew their brother was utterly infatuated with Seraphina, she was this innocent girl in a dark, dark world. They knew that Tommy wanted to protect that innocence that she holds.

And to be honest, they did too, they wanted to protect her.

It had been nearly half an hour before Polly and Seraphina came back down to the kitchen, Arthur and John had left to go work in the betting den, while Tommy waited for the two. He looked to see Seraphina with a bright red face, she didn't dare to look at Tommy, so he knew instantly that she was embarrassed.

"Tommy, a word." Polly said to her nephew. Tommy sighed before following his aunt.

"Now, before you start accusing me of anything, she had asked me, but I wanted her to talk to you, I told her, to speak with you, I said absolutely nothing about sex to her." Tommy said quickly defending himself.

Polly just let him talk before holding a hand up. "I know, Seraphina explained to me what you said. Thank you, for not telling her, she really did not know much about that topic. But she knows now, and the things she said in that conversation..." Polly whispered drifting from her sentence.

Tommy frowned. "What did she say?"

Polly pursed her lips before sighing and placing her hand over her eyes. "She told me that she's going to make sure she stays a pure soul and give herself to the one person she trusts the most."

Tommy blinked in confusion. "Who?" He asked, feeling a bit of rage at the thought of Seraphina wanting to give herself to someone.

Polly looked to her nephew before slapping his shoulder. "It's you, you idiot." Polly hisses.

"Me?" Tommy questions, now that was a bit surprising.

"Why would you be surprised by this Tommy, she adores you, loves you even. I wouldn't be bloody surprised if you walked inthere took her to her room, and she would willingly give herself to you." Polly grunts, giving her nephew a certain look. "But don't you dare go in there and do that! Marry her first!" She shouts, before walking away.

Tommy just shook his head before sighing. "Well, at least I don't have to worry about someone stealing her from me." Tommy muttered before going into the dining room and seeing Seraphina still waiting. "Hello, baby." He whispers kissing her on the top of her head.

"Aunt Pol told you, didn't she." Seraphina whispered.

"She did, and we are taking this slow, baby, I'm not rushing you in anyway. I want you to be yourself and when you are comfortable, we can explore that side of the relationship, and in Polly's words, we should be married first."

Seraphina smiles, a slight pink hue on her cheeks. "I'm happy then." She whispers as she hugs Tommy, happy that he was okay with going at her pace. As much as she expressed how much she wouldn't mind, she was happy to just go slow. Plus, if she was right, Ada did tell her pent-up frustration in sex could make it so much better.