{~Chapter Eighteen~}

"No

"No."

"Why not?"

"No."

"Why? Please?"

"No."

Tommy looked up to see Ada and Seraphina walking towards the front door, the two ready to go out and go shopping. But he wasn't sure why Seraphina was saying no, to Ada... he was a bit confused. He wasn't going to interrupt their discussion, as a matter of fact, he stayed out of it because he wasn't choosing sides... because he'd choose Seraphina's side, right away. 

"Come on Sera." Ada pleaded, as she watched the girl place her hat on her head, "you know Tommy wouldn't mind." Ada pouted, staring at Seraphina. "Here I'll ask." She said walking away. Seraphina turned and looked at herself in the mirror, when she was happy, she walked away, only for her reflection to watch her go, and smile.

Seraphina walked in to see Tommy bewildered by his sister. "Tommy, come on, if Seraphina asked, would you give us money?" Ada asked her brother. 

"Ada." Seraphina sighed. "I just want to look; I don't want to buy anything." The girl muttered.

"I'm just proving a point... okay." Said Ada. "Now, if Sera batted her eyes, and asked nicely would you give her whatever you want?"

Tommy blinked, "no..." he said confused. Ada stared at her brother with a deadpanned look. "Yes, alright, yes I would give her whatever she wanted alright." Tommy muttered shaking his head. 

Seraphina smiled, gently, she knew Tommy would give her money, but she didn't really want it. She was just happy to look. And anyway... Polly gave her money the night before. The older woman wouldn't let Seraphina give her back the money, so she really didn't need or want Tommy to give her any more money. Polly went a bit extreme about it. "Come Ada, I just want to go." Seraphina said. Ada let out a huge sigh before going to get her own coat. Seraphina went over to Tommy and leaned down, placing a sweet kiss on his lips. "I don't need money, okay." She whispered and Tommy nodded. "Either way, Polly already gave me money." She grumbled leaving Tommy in the kitchen. 

Tommy shook his head chuckling.

Seraphina met Ada outside, the two girls looping their arms together. The two whispered and giggled to one another, Ada telling Seraphina about Freddie Thorne, and she was asking for some advice on what exactly to do, about her brothers... specifically Tommy. "Ada, I think the best you can do is just tell him, don't hide it, and tell him that you love him, and that Freddie loves you, because yeah, that's the best I can tell you." Seraphina stated.

Ada nodded her head in understanding. It was true the only way things could go well, is if she told her brother the truth. "Maybe, but it does scare me." She whispered. 

Seraphina smiled gently. "I could be there with you when you tell him, also I can set him straight." She giggled with a brilliant grin. Ada laughed as they both went inside the shop. The two girls walked slowly through the shop, giggling every now and then. But something caught Seraphina's eyes, and a sparkle came into her eyes.

Sat beautifully on a display, was an umbrella with a blue parrot on the handle, it reminded her of the one her mother had in a picture, she was sad to learn that her... father... had burned everything her mother owned, except some of the things she was able to steal and hide. Including the bag she now had. "I need this." She whispered, as she picked the umbrella up, and like magic the parrot winked in her direction. She giggled before turning to the store owner and putting the umbrella down. "How much." She demanded, she needed to know. 

The owner blinked in surprise before clearing his throat and telling her the price. Seraphina slammed the money down and told him to keep the change. Skipping back to Ada, she presented the umbrella. "Look!" She cheered.

Ada frowned. "It's an umbrella?" She questioned. 

Seraphina just kept her radiant smile on her face. "It's almost the exact same umbrella my mother had... before he burned it." She said, as she looked at the umbrella once more with happiness on her face. She felt the happy tears appear but wiped the stray tear away from her face. "Some of the things I own are hers, it's all I have of her." She whispered.

"What was her name?" Ada asked.

Seraphina glanced up and smiled. "Mary, Mary Poppins."

Ada smiled. "You should change your last name to Poppins then, get rid of that man's name." Ada said. Seraphina hummed. 

"Serphina Poppins." She tried it out, she actually didn't know why she never told everyone her last name was Poppins, but her father was always adamant that she had to have his last name. "Yeah, I like it, it is my name, she is my mother, she's half of me." She whispered. "Hey Ada, thank you." She whispered hugging the girl to her. 

Ada smiled as she hugged her back to, just as tight. "And you know what, I even think if you and Tommy get married, you can hyphen your last name." said Ada, grinning brightly. Seraphina laughed loudly, as she and Ada headed out of the shop.

The two girls, continued to walk and look, sometimes buying little things, and sometimes just have little chats with the Small Heath locals. It wasn't long before the two girls were separated, but still close to one another. Seraphina was looking over some pictures that were beautiful, they were paintings of wide sweeping landscapes, and she loved it, she truly loved the outdoors, especially when she could be in a field of grass, flowers, and the sun beaming on her skin. It was freedom.

Seraphina turned as she put the photo down, when she came face to face with the blonde barmaid, Grace. "Um, hello?" She greeted. 

But Seraphina was unnerved the blonde barmaid was glaring at her, and she was confused. What did she do...

"Who are you to Tommy?" She hissed.

Seraphina frowned. "I'm his girl," she answered.

Grace scoffed. "An ugly girl like you, doesn't deserve him, he needs a real woman, someone who is willing to give him anything." The blonde continued to berate and belittle Seraphina, people begun to watch the scene, as Seraphina begun to blush in embarrassment. She didn't understand what the hell was going on, Seraphina was one hundred percent sure that Tommy has said to the blonde that he didn't came about her.

"Can you stop?" Seraphina questioned holding her hand up. "I don't understand why you are coming after me, I've done shit all to you." Seraphina stated, and soon she felt a hand in hers, she looked to see Finn stood beside her. Glaring at the blonde. "Who the fuck is she. Why the fuck is she. How the fuck is she! Finn, we need to measure her now!" Seraphina shouted, the young boy smirked as Serphina whipped out her tape measure, confusing the bar maid. "Stay still." She ordered, as she lifted Finn up, the boy holding the tape measure as it fell to the floor.

Placing him on the floor, Seraphina looked at the tape measure. "As I thought... Grace a bitch, with a narcissistic attitude, willing to stab people in the back." Finn laughed loudly, catching Ada's attention. "You should fix that attitude problem." Seraphina said, before taking Finn's hand and pulled him over to Ada, the three leaving a shocked barmaid.

"That was brilliant!" Fin shouted as they made their way back to their home.

It was such an eventful day.