Chapter 6

A few months had passed and Anna started showing. Hotel searching was another thing that occupied their minds. They had seen a few hotels, but they hadn't found the right one yet. Anna knitted more than ever. She had made several pairs of socks and recently started on a blanket. Anna and Bates sat peacefully in their little cottage. She was working on the blanket.
He sat and drank some tea.
"Anna, how are you feeling?"
"Alright...wait I feel the baby moving!" Bates rushed over to her immediately. He sat down by her. She grabbed his hand and placed it on the spot where she felt it.
"Oh Anna! I feel our child too!" he told her before he kissed her.
"I can't wait to see our child come out!" Anna said very anxiously.
"I know. Me too. You know, we haven't even discussed names."
"Well I've been thinking of names. If it's a boy, I want to name him after you. And if it's a girl, I want to name her..."
"Why do you want to name it after me if it's a boy?"
"Because I love you. I think that's a good enough reason."
"I see. And what idea did you have for a girl's name? I think I might have an idea."
"Hope. That's what our child has brought us. After everything that's happened, we now have something wonderful happening." She rested her head against his shoulder, "You know, I've always imagined having children, but I never thought that I would having such a loving, caring husband."
"And I never imagined even having children until I married you."
"Well I'm getting a little tired."
"Then let's go upstairs."
"Alright."

"Are you still awake?" Anna said as she turned to face him.
"Yes, are you alright?" he asked as he stroked her hair.
"I'm fine. I just was wondering if we could go hotel searching tomorrow instead of shopping."
"Of course. Maybe if there's time, we can do both. Now you should go to sleep."
"I will." she snuggled against him, and he put his arms around her.