Chapter 10

Mr. Bates walked in and saw Anna holding their daughter. He was ready to cry when he saw her. Anna smiled up at him, "It's a girl." He sat by her, and they both watched their baby.
"I believe she wants to see her father now." Anna handed the baby over to him.
"Hope fits her perfectly. She does not know how much hope and love she brings to us."
"I know," Anna held her daughter's little hand, "You should telephone Mrs. Hughes. She'll be anxious to know."
"I'll bring her tomorrow to visit you and Hope. Would you like that?" Bates asked while neither of them took their eyes off their child.
"Yes, I would. I feel so tired now. I want to rest."
"I'll hold Hope while you rest." Anna gave him Hope as she lied down. Anna watched her child before getting some much needed rest.

The next day Bates brought Mrs. Hughes to visit Anna in the hospital. "Mrs. Hughes, come meet our bundle of joy," Bates said leading her in.
"Mrs. Hughes, it's so nice to see you."
"Well I'm very happy to see you with a wonderful looking child. It looks like she has your blonde hair," Mrs. Hughes said before Anna let her hold Hope.
"That's what Mr. Bates said," Anna stated.
"She does. And she's beautiful like her mother," Bates while Anna blushed.
"You simply must bring the child to the abbey before you move to the hotel," Mrs. Hughes said before giving the child back to Anna.
"Don't worry, we won't travel for a good while. Anna and Hope must be fit to travel." Bates commented. Mrs. Hughes said that she had to go back to the abbey and left.
"Have you bought the hotel yet?" Anna asked him.
"No, not yet."
"You should go and buy it today."
"But I want to stay here with you and Hope."
"I know, but you should get the hotel as soon as possible. Then we can all be together."
"Alright. I suppose I'll try to get it today then." He kissed her goodbye and then left.
"Your father is off to take care of our future," Anna told Hope as she rocked her in her arms.