up and gone

UP AND GONE| FAKE LOVE
@AMZWRITEZ

Abigail woke up to the soft glow of the morning sun filtering through the curtains. She blinked, her eyes adjusting to the light, and turned to look at the other side of the bed. It was empty, the sheets cold. Jack was gone.

She sat up, pulling the sheets around her, and looked around the room. His jacket was no longer draped over the chair, his shoes were gone from the floor. There was no note, no text, no explanation. He had left, without a word.

A pang of disappointment hit her. She had thought... well, she wasn't sure what she had thought. But she hadn't expected this. The room felt emptier, colder somehow.

She got up, wrapping herself in her robe, and walked over to the window. The city was waking up, oblivious to the turmoil inside her. She watched as people went about their morning routines, their lives moving forward.

Back in the room, she could still smell his cologne, a bitter reminder of the night before. She closed her eyes, the memory of his touch still fresh. The slow burn of their relationship had ignited into a passionate flame, but it seemed that the fire had been extinguished just as quickly.

Abigail found herself staring at her phone, her fingers hovering over the names 'Fern' and 'Megan'. She took a deep breath and hit the call button.

The phone rang once, twice, and then Fern's voice came through. "Hey, Abi! What's up?"

Abigail took a moment, trying to find the right words. "Jack... he... he left," she finally managed to say.

There was a pause on the other end. "What do you mean he left?" Fern asked, her voice filled with concern.

Abigail recounted the morning's events, her voice shaking slightly. She told them about waking up alone, about the cold bed and the silent goodbye. She could hear Fern's sharp intake of breath and Megan's soft 'oh no'.

The rest of the conversation was a blur of comforting words and promises of revenge on Jack. But as she hung up the phone, Abigail couldn't shake off the feeling of loneliness. It was a sobering reminder that despite the support of her friends, she was alone in her feelings for Jack.

The call ended, but the echoes of their conversation hung in the air. She was left with her thoughts, the silence of the room amplifying the emptiness she felt.

AMZ'S CORNER

my poor baby abigial