Chapter 13 - Doctor Doctor

"Get off your back Eren!" Mikasa exclaims.

"Get up!" Armin demands by my side. As dread and anxiety begin to settle in my stomach, I try to keep focused on what is in front of me but my vision begins to unfocus. Suddenly my head feels as though it has detached from my body, my thoughts fuse into a blur of distorted shapes and colours. Not here, not now, I think to myself as I apply pressure to my temples. I am pulled from my own thoughts by the zipping sound of ODM gear. Slightly shaking my head, I open my eyes to see Hange and Mikasa speeding towards Eren.

"Zariya?" Rosette's muffled voice calls beside me. I look over at her too quickly, sending an agonising pain up my neck, attempting to ignore it, I try to focus my eyes on her.

"Yeah." I mutter back still trying to make her become focused.

"Are you ok?" She exclaims, concernedly. I rapidly nod my head in denial, I am far from fine, probably furthest from fine I have been since my mental breakdown in the alley way. I am so dysfunctional, I can't even see ahead or focus on something right in front of me. Whenever I think things have become as bad as they possibly can, they just keep getting worse and worse.

Before I can reply, a loud roar echoes through the air. Rosette and I quickly look over to Eren who holds the armoured titan in a bodylock.

"What the hell is he trying to do?" Rosette questions beside me. I take in a sharp breath before replying, "I- I think Eren is trying to rip his head off." I breathe in disbelief. Suddenly, Hange appears on the other side of Armin, not wanting to miss any of the action. I turn back to see Mikasa rapidly approaching the Armoured titan from behind, she swiftly cuts through the back of his knees immobilising him.

"She got him!" Hange beams, her eyes wide with pride.

"We can do it!" Armin encourages.

"Get him Eren!" I yell beside him. Watching as Eren relentlessly thrashes his head into the traitor's back.

"Huh... What's he-" Armin mutters, obviously picking up on something we have missed.

"Hah, look at him squirm!" A scout mocks from above us.

"Good! A little more Eren!" Someone else yells.

Suddenly I notice what Armin picked up on, the armoured titan has stopped trying.

"He gave up... and he is right under-" Armin trails off looking up above.

"The colossal titan." I finish as Armin looks back at me nodding.

The familiar screeching call roars from the Armour titan, making us all flinch at the disturbing cry.

"Watch the perimeter!" Hange demands "He called for more titans!" An unsettling feeling sinks in my stomach.

"No other titans spotted in the area!" Adam affirms, landing about us.

"Heads up! Move!" Hange screams, as we watch the colossal titan come plummeting towards the ground. Consumed by the sight in front of me, I completely ignore the danger I am in. I watch the colossal titan attentively eager to see what happens next.

"Zariya!" Armin yells, shaking me from my mesmerised gaze. Suddenly Armin pushes me into the wall behind us guarding us from the explosion. His body is pressed against mine as the blast forces everyone backwards. He rests his arms on either side of my face looking back at the large burst of light. I try to peer over his shoulder but fail to see anything. I hear the screams of my comrades, their agony filled cries and suddenly I don't want to see anything at all. This is too familiar, too raw for my mind to cope. I hide my face in my hands, wanting to disappear, I just want to be 10 again with Nick by my side, why did this have to happen, why did this have to be our destiny.