Chapter 2: Part 2 of Becoming Part 1 ( Short )

The next morning, Nyx did her usual morning routine before she walked downstairs to join her grandparents for breakfast before school. She quickly knew something was up when she saw that they were having her favorite breakfast, strawberry pancakes with blueberry syrup and wipe cream on top, she knew that her grandmother usually makes her this when it's either her birthday or when her grandmother was going to try to convince her to do something to socialize with her peers.

Nyx: ( knowingly, with her hands on her hips: ) Alright, Granny, what's the catch?

Granny: What catch? Can't I-

Pops: ( blankly as he was reading the newspaper: ) Marcy, she has known the both of us all her life, she knows what you're doing.

Granny: Oh, fine. ( With a serious expression: ) Nyx, you need to do something to help you with making some friends at school so you can have something to do other than just studying. I don't want you turning into what your grandfather almost turned into before I met him, sad and alone studying and fighting bad guys all day and night.

Pops: ( looks up from the newspaper ) Excuse me?

Granny: ( to her husband with her hands on her hips: ) Ya heard me.

Nyx: ( sighs ) If it'll make you happy, then fine. What were you thinking?

( Time Skip, at school )

Nyx grumpily curses under her breath as she was helping with the school play " Romeo and Juliet" as a stagehand. Ms. Janeth walked up to her with a notepad and pencil in her hands.

Ms. Janeth: Miss Everhart, I understand that you don't feel comfortable with communicating with others vocally, so I decided that you might feel more comfortable communicating with others literacture-ly by writing your responses or what you want to say to everyone down on this notepad while you are helping with the play.

Nyx looked at Ms. Janeth with slight surprise as the teacher handed her the notepad and pencil, as Nyx was used to people that aren't her family choosing to not find another way to communicate with her when learning that she doesn't like talking to other people. Nyx then wrote down " Thank you " on the notepad and showed it to Ms. Janeth with a small, but grateful smile.

Ms. Janeth: You're very welcome, Miss Everhart.

( Later that night )

Nyx was now in the woods, holding the notepad and pencil Ms. Janeth gave her, when she saw a glimpse of blue magic light within the town.

Nyx: The Amulet has found it's new champion, and they're....a human civilian? ( Sighs ) I have a feeling that nights at Arcadia Oaks are going to get wild.

Nyx then pulled her amulet out from under her shirt and held it out.

Nyx: For the order of peace, moonlight is mine to protect.

The amulet transformed Nyx into a Bestia Nocturna, and she held the notepad and pencil in her front talons before she took off into the night sky and turned invisible.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this episode, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you thought about what Ms. Janeth did for Nyx to help her communicate without talking.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜