Chapter 5: Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter ( Part 1 )

Nyx, Jim, and Toby looked at Trollmarket in awe as they followed their two troll companions.

Nyx: This is...

Jim: Yeah...

Toby: Woah!

Nyx: This is nothing like how I imagined this place. It's so... exquisite.

Jim: ( to Blinky and Aaarrgghh: ) Pretty much. This is your home?

Blinky: Trollmarket is home, and heart, and sanctuary for all good Trolls. This way my friends and mi'lady, there's much to see.

Nyx walked beside Jim and Toby as they followed Blinky and Aaarrgghh.

Toby: Dang! And here I thought the only thing underneath our town was dirty plumbing. And that Nyx was mute or something.

Nyx: ( confused: ) Hm? I beg your pardon?

Toby: It's nothing bad, it's just....

Jim: We've never heard you speak before.

Nyx: Oh, well, yes, I normally restrain myself from speaking around other humans as I have been told that I'm a bit too... formal in the way I talk, and I find that way easier to keep my identity as the Bestia Nocturna a secret.

Blinky: ( to Jim, Nyx, and Toby: ) Stay close. Human feet, besides a few members of the Bestia Nocturna family, have never graced the ground of Trollmarket before.

Troll #1: Human? Bestia Nocturna?

Aaarrgghh: ( to the troll: ) Friends.

Jim: This is crazy! Are you getting this Tobes?

Toby: Oh yeah, on it!

Nyx rolled her eyes with a slight chuckle at the two boys as Toby was taking pictures of Trollmarket with his phone. She gave an elegant wave to the trolls that were staring at them.

Toby: Check it out!

Nyx turned her attention to Toby with a soft smile, that caused Jim to smile on seeing it, to see that Toby was looking at some crystals that were around the place.

Toby: Peridot, Topaz, Cassiterite! Corneroupi...

Toby then noticed that the rock he was admiring was a Troll, to give the Troll a nervous smile.

Toby: Uh, hi.

Blinky: Your knowledge of minerals is almost Troll-like Tobias!

As Jim was talking to Blinky, Nyx noticed in the corner of her eye that Kanjigar's son, Draal was watching from the shadows, who Nyx had met and had conversations with a few times during some of her night patrols in the past. Nyx then stopped in her steps as gnomes scuttle around her and the group's feet.

Jim: Oh, hey little guy!

Nyx: Ah, Jim, you shouldn't...

Jim: That's a cute pointy hat-

A gnome hissed at Jim, startling him.