Chapter 1

You were poor.

And to make matters worse, you just got into college.
You didn't even want to attend College because of your family's financial issues but your mom refused to let you help out by looking for a job.

Things weren't always like this. Infact you remember when all of this started.

It was during your third year in High School. That was when your father passed away due to sickness.

Your parents spent tons of money on his treatment but in the end he still died.
After that, your mom buried herself in her work.

She did it for two reasons: (1) To cope with your father's death, and (2) To keep up with financial expenses.

She always tried her best to put up a strong facade anytime you were around but her late night sobs didn't go unnoticed by you.

Your father's salary covered majority of the expenses at home and all the support his company gave to him was used up while trying to cure him.

Safe to say, your mom's salary wasn't cutting it. She began to work more shifts and barely had anytime to herself.

It was during your third year that you decided you weren't going to college. Your plan was to find a job and support your mom however way you could.

But once your mom heard your plan, she completely shut it down. She was practically shedding tears as she told you 'she'd never forgive herself if she let you miss out on quality education'.

Unfortunately, you were just as stubborn as your mom. You asked her how she intended to pay for your tuition and she told you she'd find a way.

A few weeks later, you found out that the 'way' she was talking about was by borrowing money from her company.

Which meant she had to work twice as hard as she normally would, just to pay off her debt.

She tried keeping it a secret from you, but of course, she failed brutally.

After lots of arguments, she agreed to let you work a part-time job to gather up money for the second semester.

Thus, that brings us to the present...

You just got off of your break when you received an email from your college.

They were demanding the second half of your second semester tuition.

The second semester started only two weeks ago and you payed the first half already.

So why were they hounding you for the second half already. You were really annoyed at this point.

You're a college student and you have to work two part-time jobs. That's right, two!

Obviously you didn't tell your mom about it cause she'd go ballistic. But really, did she think you'd be able to save up half of the tuition with just one part-time job?.

You wondered how you managed to get a good grade last semester, despite your head being all over the place.

You let out a frustrated sigh as you walked into the restaurants main dining hall.

It was relatively empty with there being only a few seats occupied.

You hoped no one would walk through those doors again. You were tired after all.

"Did you see him?"
"He looked like a foreigner"
"He was hot"
"Aww, I wish I got to see him!"

You rolled your eyes at your co-workers who were yet again simping over some good looking (they're not in your opinion) guy that visited the restaurant.