Chapter 6

You stared intently at the clock, waiting for the hands to strike 12PM.

The sounds of your lecturer were drowned out as you cried internally at how many more minutes were left until the period ends.

"...So You'll have to work in groups or pairs".

Now that caught your attention. So far, you haven't had to do group work with anyone so this was a first.

"I'd advise you create your groups before summer break. That way, you can even arrange meet ups to work on the project during the break".

Well this was quite unfortunate cause your classmates are a pack of dullards who couldn't care less about work.

You sighed, 'Well, that's another problem added onto my plate'.

The bell rang soon after your lecturer had finished announcing the details of the group project.

Just as you packed your bags, ready to leave, two girls... Or rather, your classmates, sauntered towards you.

You recognized them.... Of course you did. They were those type of girls who couldn't help but draw attention to themselves.

"Hey~ Queen!", One of the girls, with long blonde hair and heavy makeup greeted as she got closer to you.

"Heyyyy", the other one with short, chestnut coloured hair, drawled out.

"Hi", you responded, rather dryly.

"Soooo", the blonde one started, and gosh was her voice so annoying.

"Would you like to join our group? We've got an open spot left so we thought we'd invite you".

"Yeah...no. Teaming up with you guys is as good as teaming up with brain dead monkeys who only think about what guy to seduce each day"... Is what was at the tip of your tongue to respond with but then you remembered Ayane's lecture on how not all things are meant to be said out loud.

"We'd reaaaally like it if you could team up with us", the chestnut haired one batted her tremendously long eyelashes, pleadingly.

'How does she look at stuff with those umbrellas on her eyes'

"Uh... I'll think about it", you settled to respond with.

"Great! We'll be waiting queen!", they blew you a kiss and sashayed off.

"How odd...", you mumbled to yourself as you walked out of the lecture hall.

You've been together for a whole semester and they've never spoken a word to you before.

So it was certainly odd that they'd out of the blue just ask you to be in their group.

"The only logical reason I can think of is- Woah!".

Your train of thought was cut off by someone suddenly slamming into your back.

"Who the heck-"

"Helloooo", The mysterious person cooed.

You turned your head to the side to glare at this maniac who didn't understand the premise of personal space. Their hand was even around your shoulders as if you both were long time buddies.

The maniac happened to be a girl with royal blue hair and blue eyes. She had a face that screamed mischief.

Coming back to your senses, you smacked the girl's hand away from your shoulders.

"Who are you?", you demanded in a rather stern voice.

Her expression visibly fell as she pouted. "We've been in the same class for a whole semester and you don't even know my name", She whined with her cheeks puffed out.