Chapter 9

The manager let you off of work early once he heard of what had happened. As for what happened to the girl, you didn't know or care in the slightest what happened to her.

Kaiser insisted on dropping you off at your apartment but you vehemently refused. You were satisfied with taking a bus and to be honest, you didn't want Kaiser knowing your address.

There would be too much of a chance he'd show up any time he could.

Eventually Kaiser gave up on trying to persuade you and let you do as you please.

The bus ride home was kind of awkward because people kept staring at you for no reason you were aware of.

At first you thought maybe it was because you still had some parts of your hair covered in matcha but, you were wearing a hat Sachi lent you so they probably couldn't even see your hair.

You decided to ignore their staring and just stare out the window at the almost dark sky. You couldn't wait to be home.

-----

Trudging your way up the stairs to your apartment, you knocked on the door, waiting for Ayane to open up since she was probably already home.

You heard her ask "Who is it?" From the other side of the door and you just responded with an "Open up dummy".

The front door opened and you were immediately pulled into a big hug by Ayane.

Using the heel of your feet to close the door, you tilted your head slightly to look at Ayane, giving her a puzzled look.

"This is odd", you comment, voice muffled by her chest. Ayane had always been taller than you, right from when you both were in Junior high.

After a solid minute, Ayane pulls away to stare at your face, "I was so worried about you".

"Huh? Why?". You were puzzled, Ayane didn't know about anything that had happened at work so why was she worried?

"It's on social media dummy", Ayane picks up her phone from the couch and opens up her Instagram and clicks on a video before turning her phone to you.

Right there was the video of you covered in matcha with the stupid girl from earlier. Someone had taken a video of what transpired at the restaurant.

You facepalmed, "That explains the weird looks I got on the bus".

Shoving her phone into her pocket, Ayane sighs, "I'm just glad you managed to make it back home".

"Why wouldn't I make it back home?".

"Because you looked just about ready to unalive her. I was already prepared to receive a call from the police station. It's a miracle you didn't".

'German boy said the same thing. Am I really that dangerous?'

"If I did, she would have deserved it", you took off Sachi's hat and placed it on the couch, before walking towards the bathroom.

"Need my help?", Ayane called from behind you.

"Yes please".

You were perched on a small stool, in between Ayane's legs as she dried your recently washed hair with a towel.

You gave her load down of everything that had happened earlier in the day. Ranting about how much you just need a break.

"If you need a break, then why don't you just use this summer break to relax?".

"You know I can't do that. I still have mom's rent to pay. And I still owe you some money".

Ayane pulled a damp strand of your hair, making you wince in pain.
"And I told you I didn't need the money back".