Chapter 10

The boys had engaged in some conversation while you three chatted.

You weren't really interested in the conversation until Ishizaki brought something up.

"I've got an idea! Let's go on a triple date to the beach sometime this week!".

"Yes! That sounds perfect", Ayane seemed on board with the suggestion.

"Sure. I don't mind", Karasu joined in as well.

"If I'm able to see my doll in a swim suit then I'm all in", of course Shidou was okay with the idea.

"Great! So that's almost all of us. I'm sure Kaiser would be in on it too so...", Ishizaki's gaze fell on you and so did everyone else's.
They were all patiently awaiting your answer.

'No way I'm going to the beach with that annoying pest'

"Sorry guys, I'd love to go but unfortunately I've got shifts throughout this week".

"Is it just me or do you actually sound happy about that", Karasu chuckled as he was able to see through your feigned displeasure.

"C'mon Y/n, don't be like that", Ayane pleaded, coming up to wrap her hands around your waist.

"Like what? I'm telling the truth. I'm working all through the week".

Shidou snorted, "What are you... A workaholic? What normal person works full shifts during summer break?".

You cocked your head in Shidou's direction, "You tryna say I'm an abnormal person?".

"Me? Of course not!", he was using that dramatic voice of his that you hated with a burning passion, "I would never say that to my amazing, sweet, caring, loving-"

"Shut up", you almost gagged from the insincere compliments he was giving you, "I don't need your lip service, stupid cockroach".

Ayane who was still holding you, gave you a flick on the forehead.

"Can you stop being mean to him for once?".

"It's okay, Doll. I'm used to it already", he blew Ayane a kiss and at that moment you were sure you were gonna throw up.

"Listen", you pried Ayane's arms off your waist, "I can't go to the beach with you guys. I've got more important things to do. You guys can have fun on your own. I don't have to be there".

With that, you picked up your phone which was sitting on the kitchen island and headed towards your room.

Everyone went silent at your exit. Before Shidou decided to speak up.

"She hasn't changed much, has she?", he asked no one in particular.

He glanced at his girlfriend who was still standing where you left her, with a dejected look on her face.
Ishizaki looked quite unhappy as well.

"Baby", he came up to her, turning her around to face him as he cradled her cheek in his hands, "Smile for me, won't you?".

When he received no response from her, he kissed her forehead, "We can always make her come by force. We can kidnap her in the morning while she's getting ready to go to work".

Her lips quivered as she was trying to hold back her laugh, "That would be nice".

"Then it's settled!", he turned towards Karasu, "Karasu, got any rope we can use to tie her?".

Karasu lifted a brow, "Even if I did, it'd be a mistake to give it to the likes of you", he ran his hand through his hair, "Besides, I'm not ready to get strangled to death by Nakano".