Chapter 2: Beneath the Clouds

"I wish we could spend more time together

"I wish we could spend more time together."

"Don't you want to give me a chance to miss you?

--------------------------------------------------

In a modern living room adorned with light gray walls and light oak hardwood flooring, a large, inviting, neutral-toned sectional sofa takes center stage, paired elegantly with a glass coffee table displaying a curated selection of books and decor. Two girls occupy chairs in front of a minimalist entertainment center housing a sleek flat-screen TV. One of them, with almond skin and dark brown curly hair, exudes an air of curiosity, while her friend boasts highlighted hair and captivatingly bright eyes that seem to shimmer as she speaks.

"So, Y/n, Stiix? What about that voice?" the dark-haired girl, Gabby, questions, her expression of bewilderment as she glances at her friend.

Y/n, with a warm smile, begins to share her inner turmoil, "I have to, Gabby. It's starting to haunt me. I can't sleep well. I just need to do one more really bad thing, and they'll send me to boarding school. Goodbye, Ninjago High; hello, Stiix Academy!"

Gabby sighs in understanding, recognizing the weight of Y/n's unsettling night terrors. "Okay, let's make a plan. What will tip them over the edge?" Gabby smirks with a devious grin, matching Y/n's determination. The room, bathed in the soft glow of a sleek floor lamp and surrounded by abstract art, becomes a backdrop to the unfolding drama.

As the first timid rays of sunlight infiltrated the room through the drawn curtains, a groan of disorientation escaped Y/n's lips, accompanied by the insistent pulse of a pounding headache. Squinting against the harsh intrusion of light, she surveyed the surroundings, attempting to piece together the fragments of the previous night's events.

As her eyes adjusted, she found herself in what appeared to be a boy's room, its walls painted in a shade of Green that seemed to amplify the disarray within. Hastily rising from the bed, Y/n's investigative instincts kicked in, prompting her to explore the room further.

Chaos reigned supreme; clothes and assorted items lay scattered haphazardly across the floor. Sunlight filtered through a window, exposing a fire escape just outside. A vivid poster featuring the Green Ninja injected a burst of color into one wall while a clock dutifully marked the passage of time.

In a corner, a small bed fought for space amidst the disorder. On the opposite side, an overstuffed closet begged to be explored, its door struggling to contain its bulging contents. Driven by curiosity, Y/n approached the closet. To her surprise, only male clothing hung within – a solitary white t-shirt, a lively green hoodie, and a pair of black jeans.