Chapter 25: Promise

A few months past and your feelings for Giyu Tomioka grew really fast that it was almost going felt like you were going to burst, but you kept on mind that Giyu only saw you as someone lower than you. Atleast that's what you tell youself.

You both were fighting a skinny demon with 3 bloody red eyes with a blood demon art of shapeshifting into a person

The demon lured Giyu into a trap inside a small hut while you went to buy their food. Of course he was able to easily escape the demon but he struggled a few times to try and kill him.

It turned out that he was a lower rank demon.

You came into the scene after half an hour of realizing that Giyu might have been kidnapped or worse and the food was left forgotten (#ripfood). You followed small clues and a scent of a demon to lead you. It was really faint and it took really long for you to find Giyu.

When you arrived inside the hut to find it empty, with your nun-chuck on your hand.

Out of nowhere, Giyu strapped his arms around you and hugged you really firmly for no good reason.

You were flabbergasted. Frozen by the action, You knew this was an unlikely action from Giyu Tomioka but you hesitated. You breathed deeper and you smelled the scent of a demon.

It only took you a second but the hesitation was enough to stab you on the back while the real Giyu came swooping in from a window and beheading the demon while you felt the tip of his sharp blade on your chest. It felt like it ripped some parts of your shirt.

You and the demon's body collapsed as the head went flying away.

You felt the pain on your stomach and you tried breathing slowly to try to ease the pain and trying to keep your brain from turning into mush.

"Y/n." You heard Giyu's panicked whisper near you yet it felt so far away. You were almost drifting away.

You felt your eye-sight turning into black, your senses started to feel numb and the pain on your stomach started to feel unbearable.

You felt like you wanted to scream but the pain kept your mouth shut.

"Y/n." Giyu repeated

You stared at him as he was looking at your wound and then at your face, and you both had eye-contact.

You saw the shock on his face. You clearly saw how scared he was. How vunerable he was currently feeling.

You both just stared at each other and you felt like your energy was slowly giving up on you.

You forced yourself into a small smile and concentrated on all the energy you had left. "Live on Giyu-sama." You said and closed your eyes "I love you Giyu-kun" were the last words you said as everything went black hoping that those words would be the last words you would say before you die.

"Promise me to never die in the hands of a demon"

"Promise." You said

And your nightmares gotten worse every passing time. You knew you weren't dead yet. Your nightmares made sure you didn't feel like you were dead.

But you weren't exactly alive either.

Every nightmare felt like a blur to the current you but you never forgot the feeling.

Then you woke up after a month, and Giyu Tomioka sleeping was the first face you saw as you woke up.

You looked around and you saw that you were inside one of your grandfather's guest rooms.

You knew you should say something so that someone could get a doctor, but your throat felt sore and you didn't have the energy to move your muscles.

So you just stared at Giyu Tomioka's sleeping figure not having the heart to wake him and tell him that you were alright.