Chapter 25: Who I love

Chapter 25:

CARMEN'S POV

"Is this really it?"

"No, it's not Carmen. It's just the beginning."

"What?" I spoke as tears fell down my cheeks, feeling the salty water on my lips.

Kiera was still on my arm, speaking low. I knew she was trying her best to speak, but I just wanted to hear what she had to say, knowing these were going to be her last words. "Open your eyes Carmen. Look at what is around you. You aren't alone anymore. you have people..." She paused for a second, coughing so much with blood dripping from her lips. "You are too blinded by the hate inside you. The walls you build, you're not protecting yourself. You're imprisoning yourself."

"I don't know how to do it. I don't know shit Kiera!"

"You do, you're just afraid. You belong somewhere Carmen. You're not alone, no matter how much you feel like you are." Slowly, her eyes began to close. The veins had already covered her body. Tears gushed out of my eyes as I held her tighter to my chest.

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -

EMI'S POV

I ran as fast as I could to the estate as I tried calling Yasmine on the phone but the girl wouldn't pick up. "Fuck!" I cursed as loud as I could as tears still fell on my cheeks. Everything was overwhelming me. There was too much to take and I could not handle it.

Soon, the estate came into view and the scent of blood rushed in my nose. Everyone was bruised. "Emi." Kate spoke as she sat by a plant with a bruise on her forehead.

"What the hell happened?" I spoke quick and worriedly.

"We got attacked."

"Where's Dean?"

"He's inside with Yasmine."

I quickly ran to the guest house, pushing everyone aside. It was quiet with doctors around tending to the wound. I ran up the stairs, following the scent of my best friend. I smelled blood around her. I didn't know whose it was but I was completely worried. Soon, I was in front of the door, opening it as fast as I could and there she was on the bed with her eyes closed.

"What the fuck happened to her." I asked everyone in the room which was Nadine, Dean, Megan, and James.

"Emi..." Megan spoke, "she was severely injured." I waited for her to continue, I knew by her voice that there was more. "I'm sorry but there was no way to save her..." My heart dropped to the floor and only anger flowed through my blood.

"No, I should say it." Dean began to speak. "I turned her..." Before he was able to continue, my eyes glew, my nails sharpened, and my teeth as well. With so much speed, I grabbed him by his neck and threw him to the wall.

"You were supposed to fucking protect her!" I punched him multiple times that I had lost count and finally, I gave me the hardest punch I could give, causing him to go through the large window, falling off the two floor house. I had lost complete control in me. I knew somewhere in my heart that what I was doing was wrong, I was so consumed with anger and pain inside me that I was letting it out on him. I jumped out the window, following him as I continued to punch him as we were going down. We finally reached to the floor with my hand around his neck and banging his head on the hard ground. "You only had one fucking job!" I growled as I kept choking him. He wasn't fighting at all.

I was going to give him another punch to the face but before my fist landed on him, Megan had come from behind me and grabbed my arm. The woman pulled me up with force, making me stand beside her. I tried to fight her grip and let loose but she was not letting me. "Stop." She spoke in a calm voice.