Chapter 5: New student

I woke up to a loud bang down stairs and saw James being thrown to the wall by Megan. For a female, you’ll really wonder about how she’s so powerful and angry.

“You damn little shit! What part of keep an eye on who ever passes our territory do you not understand!”  Megan screamed and veins forming on the side on her forehead as well as her neck.

“What happened?” I whispered to Kate.

“Someone came in our territory last night, someone that we don’t know.”

“Where was the person and was it like us?”

“Yes, but we have never smelled that kind of scent before so it must not be from one of the ally packs and if was from an ally pack, we would have been notified or it would be against the treaty. Whoever this person is, is most likely not an ally or a friend.”

What kind of dumb ass would trespass a pack?

I scratched the back of my neck and turned my heel, leaving James being thrown all over the place. His head was bleeding and had bruises everywhere but he was also healing at the same time. He was being ‘disciplined’. I really didn’t want any bullshit so early in the morning.

I glanced at the time and saw it was 6:30 and had 1 hour and 30 minutes until I have to get to school so I went into the shower and 40 minutes later, finally came out.

As I walked into my bedroom, the emerald eyed girl sat on my bed, staring far out the window. “What do you want?”

“I need a ride to school.”

“No shit, but what are you doing in my room?”

“Megan, she’s mad.”

I walking to my closet with the towel still wrapped around my body. I slipped on my underwear under my towel and spoke, “isn’t she always?”

“Yeah, but it’s not something I could get used to I guess.”

“If you’re trying to have a deep convo, you’re talking to the wrong person. I don’t have any siblings, I don’t know what it’s like.” Nadine was opening up to me but I was just being honest. I never had siblings.

I cannot lie, it was always lonely. My parents were rarely ever in town, there were nannies in my house all the time, different ones, every day that would cook and clean. It was just me in that mansion everyday with different womens walking in and out. Friends weren’t really an option, it wasn’t until I was 10 when I finally went to a real school instead of being home schooled. Even in school no one wanted to be my friend.

I’ve always wanted a friend and for 2 years in school I couldn’t find anyone that withstood my traits until Yasmine.

“Nobody wants to have a deep convo with you.” As I finally slipped on my shirt, I smiled at Nadine.

“Well, since you obviously don’t wanna be in here, we might as well go get something to eat on our way to school.” I grabbed my book back looked at myself in the mirror one last time. My hair was still wet and my shirt was wet as well but I didn’t care.

As Nadine and I walked downstairs, James was doing push ups in the living room with a 80 pound weight on his back. I didn’t know whether to laugh because this reminded me of anime or feel bad for him but I kept walking with a nonchalant face. Before I opened the door, I turned my head to see Megan standing behind us.

“I want the two of you to be careful while the person is still unknown.”

I watched Megan standing with her blue pajama pants and a tank top with her hair in a bun, her arms crossed. Even with that messy bun, she was stunning. It’s weird how someone so perfect could exist but damn.