Chapter 27

The doorbell chime made him start, which was stupid. An invasion wouldn't start with someone ringing the goddamn doorbell. He stared unseeing at the den's television while MTV went to commercial.

Also, he should be used to the noise. Steve's house was a hub of activity, between the phone ringing and the doorbell going off and people talking.

Footsteps thumped overhead. He identified that as the man of the house himself walking to the front door. A moment later, multiple voices, all male, rumbled from the foyer. Several pairs of footsteps moved farther into the house.

Then your voice joined the mix. He couldn't gauge your tone, other than you weren't pissed. He turned down the TV volume and frowned at the basement ceiling when you kept talking. A male voice said something you replied to.

Eddie eased from the sectional couch and padded to the foot of the stairs. Of course, it didn't gain him anything. The door at the top remained closed, muffling any conversation. He considered creeping up the stairs, but he didn't know where the creaks hid in the treads.

He put a knee on the third tread and crawled forward to half-lay on the stairs. Now midway to the door, he could distinguish between the voices. Yours, of course, Steve's every so often, then three others.

No one sounded defensive or upset, so that eased his mind. Somewhat.

Everyone kept talking, though. He racked his brain for what they could be discussing. It probably had something to do with yesterday's visit. He hoped it wasn't government officials who'd changed their minds about not dragging him to prison. Or worse yet, to some underground lab to conduct experiments on him.

What if they were here for you, though?

Maybe they'd figured out you had magic and wanted you to do stuff for them. While in their clutches, they'd take bio-samples from you. They'd clone you - was that even possible? - or make babies in petri dishes - that had to be possible - to grow a whole witch army and take over the world.

Of course, the thought of having a second you intrigued him. Would a clone kiss like you? Taste like you? Would she moan like you do when he sinks inside her? Would one of you sit on his face while the other rode his dick?

His cock grew heavy and hot in his borrowed briefs.

Jesus H. Christ, he chided. Fucking focus.

It was quiet. Too quiet. He strained to hear what was going on.

Soft footsteps shuffled near.

He shot off the stairs and turned towards the TV. He couldn't be discovered hanging around near the stairs with a half-chub like a perv. And the sleep-pants did nothing to hide it. His gaze darted to the VHS tape storage cabinet by the TV.

That would work.

He careened around the scuffed coffee table. The loops of the cable-box controller tangled around his foot. Like Gandalf in the Balrog's whip, he'd been caught.

He hissed, "Shit, shit, shit," as he hopped to the cabinet, shaking his foot free.

The basement door opened. He grabbed the cabinet for balance. A drawer of tapes wobbled open. He shoved it closed. Tapes clattered. Whoever opened the drawer next was going to have to repack it. Whoops. But it was cool. Everything was cool. He checked his crotch. His half-chub had subsided.

"Eddie?" you said as you descended the stairs.

He faced you, propping an elbow on top of the cabinet.

You'd changed into those black jeans he liked. They hugged your thighs and ass. He willed his dick to stay soft.

"Hey, hi, what's up?"