Chapter Three

The feel of the ground beneath Camila's paws was not a new feeling, however being in an overgrown forest, with shrubs and plants all over the ground and a ceiling of tree tops was definitely not something she was used to considering most of her days were spent in towns, looking for food in. Everything seemed so big compared to her. After all, she was such a small hybrid, easily mistaken for a puppy, though she had three full years of life. Even though the forest was not her original home, it still felt heart warming to be in. Even the air was more crisp and the sounds of birds chirping was so fulfilling that when she suddenly woke up in the stuffy aired, silent apartment after her vivid dream, a part of her felt missing.

Camila didn't know how to turn on the TV, so when morning came, she sat there waiting patiently, curled up on her 'bed'. She tried her best to cuddle up on the pillow but it was obviously too small for even her petite body. She gave a good try at stretching like she used to, but it didn't exactly work the same. Her legs were so long and arms were so much more different than front legs. So, after an attempt at stretching her back, she curled up once more to relax.

When Lauren made her way out of her room, stretching her arms and holding her phone, she could see Camila still on her bed, and decided to take the time to watch what TV she preferred rather than Disney Channel. She sat on the couch and grabbed the remote, hitting the power button and then kicking her feet up onto the other half of the couch. As soon as the TV screen lit up, Lauren could see Camila's tail gently lifting up and down against the hardwood floor, and in no time the girl was stumbling onto her feet and running towards the couch.

"Morning." Lauren sighed, knowing she'd probably have to give up the TV.
"Good morning." Camila said, lifting Lauren's feet off of the couch and sitting where they were, then allowing them to end up back down on her lap. "Can we watch the dog show?" She asked, looking at Lauren intently.

Lauren gave in instantly, changing the station to Disney, where the morning shows for younger kids was . Camila smiled, though it wasn't the dog show. Instead, it was a show about these kids who were pirates, as she had caught on. The main character's name was Jake, and there were two other pirates she did not know the name of. Although Camila couldn't sing, she did enjoy humming along to the tunes, though she didn't always know how they went, and sometimes had to guess.

Lauren was sitting on her phone on the other side of the couch. She didn't tell Normani, but Lauren was just as confused as she was on what to do next with their new roommate. She didn't believe taking care of her was exactly like a baby, but she figured she had just about the same needs. They only lived in a two bedroom apartment, so she'd either have to share a room or sleep out here, unless she liked sleeping in the bathroom, or a .

Lauren got up, looking for a notepad to write on and a pen, then sat back down on the couch, Camila gladly letting the raven-haired girl set her feet on her lap once more. Lauren began making a list of things they would need to do and get for her.

Normani walked into the living room, walking towards the couch. "Move your legs." She mumbled, and Lauren sat upright, giving space for the girl to sit.

"What's that?" Normani asked, pointing to the notepad in Lauren's hands.

"It's a list." Lauren simply replied, continuing to write.

"A bed? Movies? Brush? Fruitloops? Oh Fruitloops. Is this a list of things for Camila?" She asked. reading some of the points off.

"Yep. We need to hit the today since tomorrow's Monday." Lauren said, ripping out the list and standing up.

"We? but we can't just leave Camila here alone." Normani said, and Lauren smiled to herself. Yesterday the girl had offered kicking the girl out and leaving the girl alone in the world, but today she doesn't even want to leave the girl alone in an apartment.