Chapter Nine

The two girls walked back to the apartment in content silence. Camila didn't even think about whether or not holding on to Lauren's arm would be considered overstepping some boundaries, but thankfully Lauren didn't really mind.

"Camz, about what you said earlier, were you implying that... um. Do you have romantic feelings towards me?" Lauren finally spoke up, hoping that Camila's request for their hang out to be a date wasn't just her unknowingly saying something.

Camila was scared Lauren did not feel the same way she did, but she'd already said it. No, it wasn't in the moment. Ever since the first time Camila had said she would be Lauren's girlmate so she could make her happy and always be there for her, and even after Lauren corrected her with 'friendmate', Camila had though about what type of mate Lauren would be.

She didn't know what would qualify as a good mate in the human world, but in the wolf and dog world, it seemed to Camila that Lauren met all requirements of a mate. Besides the male part of course.

But in Camila's eyes, Lauren easily made up for that by her three best qualities.

1) She was kind. Lauren would never want to hurt Camila, and she knew that for sure now.

2) She would bring her food. Camila didn't think very far into this one because it was what it was.

3) Lauren was most definitely aesthetically please. Her bushy eyebrows and forest eyes. Her long black hair and curved features. There was no way to explain how it made something in her brain click and something in her stomach flip.

Camila didn't know it, but she was experiencing human attraction. She was genuinely attracted to Lauren, and did feel something towards her. Something more than a friendmate feeling and more of a girlmate feeling.

"Camz?" Lauren asked once more, but Camila only gripped tighter onto her arm as she usually had.

"You are pretty." Camila smiled. Camila had learned this term from Normani earlier in the week. She had been talking to Normani about why Dinah was her girlmate. After making an annoyed expression, Normani described a few of Dinah's traits that made her like her. 'Pretty' was the word she used to describe her appearance. After asking what pretty meant, Normani had described it as "Physical. Like, you see them and something in your mind just says... yes." Normani herself thought her way of describing it was a little strange, though it was what she felt. Camila on the other stand thought of it as a great explanation.

"Only like me for my looks?" Lauren teased, nudging the girl gently.

"No! You are nice as well Lauren. You let me help you when you're hurt. You teach me. You do not yell at me if I cry or whine." She rambled on about different things Lauren would do that made her feel happy. Even those things made her brain say 'yes'.

The more Lauren thought about it, the more she realized that the things she did, she would have done for anybody. And she'd like to think it was only Camila just now getting used to the sympathy humans often had, but truthfully those things she did were influenced by Camila herself. She wanted to help the girl specifically, whether she realized it or not.

"You are pretty, but with the things you do." Camila restated. They both stopped walking to face each other.

Lauren was attracted to Camila too. She knew that for a fact. Camila had beautiful long brown hair, which looked even better when it was washed after a few days, something she discovered when they were finally able to convince her to take a bath on Wednesday. The girl had a relatively fit body. Lauren didn't know how the whole transformation from wolf dog to human wolf dog worked, but Camila definitely kept her toned body and it's healthy condition.