Chapter Nineteen

"What's that?" Camila asked curiously eyeing what Lauren was holding.

"They're job applications. The arcade was hiring and so is Kroger." Lauren sighed, waiting in line to check out everything they were buying.

"No, what's that?" Camila pointed to the bottle resting on the counter this time.

"It's wine, it's an adult drink." Lauren said, spotting Camila reaching out to grab it and grabbing her wrist gently to move it away.

"I'm an adult." Camila smiled, already convinced it was the truth.

"Well, technically you are yeah, but age isn't everything. I don't think it's something you're quite ready for." Lauren furrowed her brow and Camila gave her a small huff of annoyance.

"Well why not? What age do you have to be? I'm thirty-eight moons old. I can handle it." To this, Lauren laughed. Camila was persistent, that was for sure.

"You have to be... twenty one times twelve would be... well, a hell of a lot older, Camz." Lauren giggled, moving forward in line a bit.

"Well then why are we getting the wine?" Camila attempted to touch it only to once more be stopped by Lauren.

"We're getting it because I'm an adult." Lauren raised a brow. "Stop touching it will you? You could break it and then neither of us get to have any."

"Well why are you an adult but I'm not?" The wolf hybrid crossed her arms and Lauren let out a groan.

"Because I have like two hundred eighty moons, alright Camz."

"I thought age wasn't everything." Camila grinned. It wasn't as cocky rather than amused as she looked up at Lauren, holding back a laugh as the girl huffed in annoyance.

"Alright, Camila. I'll let you have some wine if you shut up." The green eyed girl laughed and gave Camila a gentle playful shove.

"Yay!" The wolf-girl rejoiced, hugging Lauren before asking, "Why is it an adult drink?" The cashier began to scan their items one by one.

"Because it makes you a bit, uh, tipsy. It makes you clumsy and stupid. And adults are usually the ones who can handle being that clumsy and that stupid." Lauren explained.

"Why do you wanna get clumsy and stupid?" Camila laughed at the thought. This wasn't necessarily the conversation Lauren wanted to have with Camila, but she knew the more she explained to her about the human world, the more easily she would learn to fit in.

"Well, sometimes we drink it because it helps distract us, or helps us loosen up a bit and be a bit happier." Camila seemed to get lost in thought for a second after Lauren spoke, but then began to nod understandingly.

"Let's get clumsy and stupid together then." she smiled and hugged onto Lauren's arm. The raven haired girl let out a good laugh and kissed the top of her head.

"We should invite Ally and Dinah over to watch a movie. We already have the wine, they could probably bring the popcorn." Lauren suggested.

"I don't know, I kinda just want to go to bed." Normani sighed. It was around 9 when the girls got home, and while Camila was still singing along to Frozen playing on the screen while cuddling her knew oversized wolf stuffed animal, Normani was laying bored across the couch.

"Aw come on, it's only 10." Lauren remarked. "Don't be lame Mani."

"I hve a job interview tomorrow at Party City. I gotta get some rest, Laur." The darker skinned girl said, rubbing her eyes and standing up. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Mani." Camila said with a smile.

As their roommate left to her own room for the night, the couple was left alone on the couch, watching the ending of the Disney movie in front of them. When Lauren stood up and left to go to the kitchen, Camila eagerly watched her. The raven haired girl pulled out the bottle of wine they had bought earlier, popping it open and then pouring it out into two glasses and bringing them back to the couch.