Chapter Sixteen

"Mila, remember to tuck your tail in. You can't have it out." Normani reminded, shoving the girl's fluffy tail down her sweatpant leg.

"Not even at pride?" She asked innocently.

"Sorry kiddo. Maybe at anthrocon." She joked. Camila continued to look at herself in the mirror. She had a rainbow flatbill that she was wearing backwards, a normal grey shirt on, and her grey pair of sweatpants. On her cheeks, she had rainbow stickers. It came in a pack of like, twelve, but she oh so generously had stuck most of them onto Mani and Lauren, leaving two for herself.

Normani, who hadn't been too enthusiastically dressed, accepted the fact she'd probably have to wear the stickers. Other than that, she wore a rainbow pair of shorts and a gray shirt as well. Lauren wore a grey hoodie with the word "PRIDE" on it in all rainbow caps. She wore her normal skinny jeans, and a rainbow beanie on top of her head.

"Lo! I can't wait to get to pride." Camila said, watching Lauren walk into the room. "Oh I like your stickers." Camila smiled.

"Thanks, yours aren't too bad either." Lauren laughed, poking Camila's cheeks twice where the stickers were.

"We're is pride?" Camila asked, turning around to face the other two girls who continues to get ready.

Lauren had picked up the flag they'd bought and was walking towards her when she answered. "It's in the streets, not to far from here." She said.

"What else do you do at pride?" Camila asked. "Other than be prideful?" She tilted her head.

"Well there's a parade, some people watch some people join in. After that you just kinda hang around.

"Talk to your people." Normani joked, rolling her eyes.

"Is there food?" Camila questioned seriously.

"Yup." Lauren said, popping the end of the word. "Here. Blanket." She smiled, wrapping the rainbow flag around Camila from behind. Camila held onto the flag as Lauren wrapped it around her, then turned around to meet her.

"You look good." Lauren spoke softly.

"You look beautiful." Camila returned, looking into Lauren's eyes.

Normani cleared her throat and the two separated almost instant. "Let's get a move on. We have to hit an ATM first so we can get some cash." Normani said, exiting the bedroom.

"You are beautiful." Lauren whispered, bringing her hand to Camila's cheek and softly striking it with her thumb.

Camila blushed harder than ever. "We should uh, go. TAM thing. M-money." She stuttered, turning around quickly and heading for the door. Though she bumped into the door frame, and took a moment to recover before looking back at Lauren and laughing. Lauren smiled and let out a laugh as well.

"Okay Shaggy Dog, let's go." She smiled and walked out with the girl.

Camila didn't do well in crowds. Well, she hadn't known that exactly until that Saturday. Before then, she'd never had to be in crowds really. But the the moment Lauren, Normani, and her ha walked across the street and to the large crowd of people, Camila could feel the anxiety eating away at her.

"Huh, uh... You okay Camz?" Lauren looked at the girl next to her who was clinging onto her arm tightly and keeping her feet directly beside hers.

Camila nodded slowly, still looking at the crowd around her with wide eyes.

"Here. I have an idea. Do you trust me?" Lauren asked, stopping and smiling at Camila.

Camila furrowed her eyebrows before silently nodding. Lauren fell to one knee in front of Camila with her back facing her.