Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My eyelids felt heavy. I felt without strength. My head throbbed as I fluttered my eyes. My vision was blurred which made it difficult for me to take in the surroundings. Where was I? What did I do last night? 

I couldn't remember anything. I closed my eyes as I tried to recall the last few hours, but all I could remember was that I had met with my friend Pam. She had invited me to go to Dwayne's birthday party and... Suddenly I felt sick. Nausea clawed at my stomach and I had to rush out of bed. Just as I stood up, I realised I was naked. The silk sheet that covered me slid down on the floor, uncovering the body of a man who slept next to me. I widened my eyes in shock, and for a moment I forgot all about my nausea. My gaze slid over his hot body. He had broad shoulders and muscled arms. My eyes traveled down his waist and then stopped to appreciate his buttocks and his long, muscled legs. He was a tall man, fit and muscled. He was sprawled facedown on the bed, one arm flung under the pillow. Wow, I must have had a wild night. Had I made love with this man? It seemed so. Why would I be naked? At that moment, the man turned on his side. He was still fast asleep. I moved a little, curious to see his face. Oh my God, he was handsome alright. He had dark hair, which was too long for my taste, but made him look sexy. The man must be around thirty years old, I thought. His face seemed carved to perfection. He had widely defined eyebrows, a straight nose, and beautiful lips. I sighed as I looked again at his tanned body. Probably he either worked outside or has been on holiday recently. He was very attractive. I shivered as I wondered how making love to this male specimen would be. Well, I should know. Even if I don't remember a thing, my body does. I felt an ache between my legs and my body felt sore.

 What should I do now? Scream? Or wake him up? My God, I felt so confused. I glanced at my clothes all scattered around the room. I picked up my underwear and the sexy dress I had worn the night before and then I tiptoed to the adjacent bathroom. As I went in and looked at the mirror, I almost screamed. My neck was all bruised with love bites. I stared at the purple circles in shock. I had wild sex, it seems, and I don't even remember. What the hell? I washed my face and forced myself to remember the last events. Nothing. Perhaps Pam could tell me. I put on my clothes and then looked for my handbag, which I found on the sofa next to the bed. I looked once more at the man on the bed. He had shifted again and now I could see him better. He was truly hot. No wonder I lost my mind. The day before I was desperate. I had a broken heart and all I wanted was to forget Leo for at least a night and it seems that I did.

I decided to leave without waking up the man. We had a one-night stand which I will never remember, but that was all. He was a stranger, and I wasn't up for anything right now. I opened the door and realised we were in a bungalow near the seashore. Had this man taken me to his house? It was cold outside even if we were in summer. The sun had not come up yet; it was still early. I glanced at my watch. It was five-thirty in the morning. And now how will I return home? I didn't even know where I was. I opened my handbag and decided to call Pam. Perhaps she was still sleeping, but I didn't know what to do. I glanced at the screen of my mobile and saw ten missed calls. They were all from Pam. I dialed her number, and she answered after the first ring.

"Where the hell are you?" She shouted before even giving me the time to say anything.

"Good morning to you, too," I murmured.

"Briana, I am sick with worry. I didn't sleep because of you. I thought someone had taken you. A few hours more and I would have gone to the police. Where are you?"

"I don't know. What did I do yesterday, Pam? I woke up naked next to a man."

"What?" she shouted so much that I had to move my mobile away from my ear.

"Did I drink?"

"Yes, a lot. I should have stopped you, but after Leo left you, you were a wreck."

Leo. This was all his fault. Our relationship had lasted 3 years. In those three years, all I did was love him. I had dedicated that time to him, adjusting my life, my dreams, and my being to his needs.

"Where are you? I'll come for you." Pam said. She sounded calmer now.

"I don't know. There are a lot of bungalows in this area. There is the sea and a lot of restaurants."

"Any signs which can help me find the place on my GPS? Maybe the name of a hotel or a restaurant."

I glanced around me, and I saw a bar on the beach. It was called the Beach house. I told her and after some research; she found out that I was at Beverly Beach.

"It's not very far. I can be there in half an hour." She told me. "I'm coming Briana."