Spring Gala

Brianna

If someone would have told me that I would be dating Malachi Brooks and attending the Spring Gala with him, I would have laughed directly in their face. After Malachi asked me to attend the gala with him, I had to do my research. Apparently this gala kicks off the start of the events to be held for the year. The Spring Gala is the one of the years' most anticipated events; it brings millions of dollars for charity and everybody who is anybody will be there. Which meant I would be rubbing elbows with celebrities, politicians, philanthropists and a slew of other notable individuals.

I had to get my shit together to walk in on the arm of Malachi Brooks as all eyes will be on him. Especially after he told me what happened at work. That night Malachi picked me up from work, he filled me in on everything that went down. From firing his assistant down to him embarrassing his ex in front of the entire world, so to speak.

It was an interesting night. Even though we wanted to be intimately so badly, we wanted to wait and kind of start over. Malachi ordered food from the restaurant we were supposed to dine from and we repeated our date night at his place, which was immaculate. A Sistah could most definitely get used to being at his place - all the time.

We sat up talking practically most of the night, getting to know each other. He had me laughing to the point he would laugh each and every time I did. He said my laugh was addicting, he was the one that was addicting. There were moments I just watched him, when he wasn't paying attention. He would catch me from time to time watching him and smile as I made him blush. Instead of us getting down and dirty, we held each other comfortably the entire night as we slept in his massive bed - a California King. This bed was built for royalty and we were the King and Queen.

Malachi hooked me up with a dress that seemed to be made just for me. He had me meet with his stylist and she presented me with so many formal evening gowns, I was overwhelmed. But I settled for a very elegant dress that complimented his tux so perfectly, we would most definitely be the center of attention.

The dress fit me in all the right places along with the help of a pair of Spanx, I was snatched in this dress. I chose a formal, black one shoulder evening gown maxi dress with a ribbon high split up across my right thigh. The beaded crystal bodice fit my girls perfectly as the shoulder sash flowed across and down the back of the dress; the sash flowed effortlessly when I walked. I looked stunning with my braids pinned up in a bun as I completed my look with a pair of strappy ribbon high heels. Good thing I am adamant about keeping my mani and pedi appointment, a girl will never know when she needs to have the toes showing. It was all good though as my nails were on point with a simple French mani/pedi that complimented the look perfectly.

Malachi was floored as he saw me when he arrived in the limo. He was making it so easy to fall in love with him. As a nice gesture, he also invited Erika and Anthony to the gala as well. Anthony was ecstatic about the invitation; he couldn't believe he would be rubbing elbows with the elite. Erika was happy as well, she was more so happy for me and she wanted to support me as much as she could.